Check out the New Blog Here!

Click on "Bliss Habits" and let me know what you think!

Monday, April 26, 2010

What a lovely way to start a Whimsical Week

WHIMSY - extravagant, fanciful, or excessively playful expression; an odd or fanciful notion.


Designer Mouse Ears by these Fashion Peeps

If you are a regular reader of my blog you know that I am not writing this "live" so to speak. My darling Sweetie has swept us away to the land of Mickey Mouse. Disneyland could probably serve as a great definition for Whimsy. That Whimsy is probably why I love the place so much. I've recently come across people who really dislike Disney. I am always disturbed by this fact. OK they are a goliath type company that has its foibles but the overall mission of the place is for people to feel happy. How can that be such a bad thing?

My family and I always DO feel happy when we are there. Sweetie and I suspend our adult ways and really get down to little J's level and we laugh play and revel in our time together as a family. We suspend logic and allow ourselves to be swept away by fairy dust magic.  Whimsy is definitely present and although we return to our regular lives on Wednesday the whimsy injection will keep us floating for weeks!

This week's  "Bliss Initiatives" are color coded in purple for quick identification. They are specific things that you too can try, if you want to play along with me.  However, because as Earl Nightingale says, "you become what you think about,"  even if you only follow along,  and never take on any of the bliss initiatives,  I expect some positive results. I will be exploring and encouraging WHIMSY this way:


  • Getting in the mood for Whimsy - Each day I will be doing a little "flash inspiration". I am going to type the word Whimsical  (fill in blank) into Google and see what shows up. I did it before with Whimsical Cakes, Whimsical Drinks, and Whimsical Tree Houses.  Try it and see what you find -- share it here in the comments for others to enjoy. Whimsy is definitely best when shared!




 Check out this beauty by Daniels Wood Land
  •  Field work - Based on your own "flash inspiration" for the day plan to execute something whimsical. Do something unexpected for your family,  friends.or co-workers. Last time out I  decided to see if I could find this bubble gum flavored vodka and make this drink for Sweetie and I ... then sweetie got sick and it never happened... think I'll try again this week!:


 The drink by the Intoxicologist is called 
Blowing Bubbles -- find the recipe and review for the vodka at the Intoxicologist website or become a fan on facebook and get quirky drink recipes every day!


  • Whimsy Study - I'm hopping around the blog and finding as much whimsy as I can and I will be sharing it with you! If you dear readers think you have something particularly whimsical you would like me to feature please drop me a note and or add your link to my whimsy study below!
  • Whimsy Craft - I'm going to do several whimsical crafts with the girl this week. We had a blast making that bird mobile during Creativity Week and I'm ready to up our game a bit. 
  • Tune in tomorrow for more! Once again my Guest blogger has come up with some VERY inspirational Bliss Initiatives for you to try!

 I also fully expect a whole host of surprises as I explore this topic. The fun is just beginning...

Next Post: A brightly colored kaleidoscope of endless possibilities beyond your wildest dreams!



Have something to say about Whimsy? 
Written a a fun post about your whimsical exploits?
Created a whimsical doll, sculpture or other artistic expression? 
This is the place to share it! 
New and old favorite posts are welcome here!
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.


My 13 bliss virtues are  
 [Click on any virtue to see all the Everyday 
Bliss Posts on the topic.]


6 comments:

  1. I had nothing to complain about the Disney corporation until this happened. I had booked a Holiday with them and then my husband nearly died two days before we were due to leave was in hospital and we could not go. I telephoned them and they just told me to write, then They just send a curt no reply to a letter I wrote to them asking if we could rescedual. Luckily my travel insurance comapany covered 80% of the loss.
    I was heartbroken as the following year my son was classed as an adult and would be a little big to enjoy it as much too.
    Anyway after the terrible service We decided not to rebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! Have fun at Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so much fun! I love Whimsy! I hope you enjoy your trip, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun! I've only been Disney World 2x, but it's a fun place. Couldn't take it everyday, but it is a good treat every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think there overall mission is to make money. Making people happy is probably #2! My husband is one of those anti-Disney (really anti-theme park) people, so I get to hear about this a lot. I'm glad that it makes so many people happy thought :)

    Stopping by to welcome you to SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm intrigued by the bubble gum vodka! I have to go on a search!

    I came by to welcome you to SITS! We're happy to have you with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you "very so much" (the construct I stole from my 3 year old!) for your comments! I reply to every comment. I will ALWAYS reply over here on the blog so if you haven't heard from directly please do check back here. If you become a Disqus member you will be automatically updated via email as well!

Start Building YOUR Empire Today!

Empire Building Kit

Legal Stuff

Bottom Line: Don't steal. Stealing isn't nice and it is also illegal.

© Kathy Sprinkle and Everyday Kathy, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Everyday Kathy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues

  • 1. TEMPERANCE - Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
  • 2. SILENCE - Speak not what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
  • 3. ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
  • 4. RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
  • 5. FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. waste nothing.
  • 6. INDUSTRY - Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
  • 7. SINCERITY - Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and if you speak, speak accordingly.
  • 8. JUSTICE - Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
  • 9. MODERATION - Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
  • 10. CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths or habitation.
  • 11. TRANQUILITY - Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
  • 12. CHASTITY - Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or to the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
  • 13. HUMILITY - Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails