Check out the New Blog Here!

Click on "Bliss Habits" and let me know what you think!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Creativity week comes to a close

CREATIVITY- The ability to transcend traditional ideas, rules, patterns, relationships, or the like, and to create meaningful new ideas, forms, methods, interpretations, etc. [Creativity week begins here. Click for this week's Bliss Initiatives.]


Perhaps I should have done this game in two week increments! The weeks have just been flying by lately! This week was sidelined by colds. Even my Sweetie stayed home from work for a couple of days so all of our creative time was spent keeping little J distracted. By the end of the week we were gifted with better health and the stellar weather California is known for and we were not going to waste it!

We spent yesterday walking through a street art fair which was very fun and creative! It always involves quite a bit of wrangling, on the order of herding cats when walking through something like that with the girl.  Why is it that the most fragile things always lure the most? I was fascinated to find that J was as mesmerized as her mother by the glass art marbles. I have ALWAYS loved them and have owned a couple of fine specimens so it was really fun watching J stare, ooh and ahh her way through the beautiful balls. I did have to head off a few attempted "bounces" but we managed to walk away with out causing any damage!


Today was spent Birthday Partying (J's oldest friend "Lil-lil-ya" also turned three!) and generally enjoying some sick free family time. I bother to tell you all this as the prelude to my less then stellar creativity score. I think I did exercise some good creativity in the child distraction and craft department, [I maxed out my photo card so I am unable to share a picture of the beautiful bird mobile today but I will update with that photo later next week.] but I did not do anything personally creative. I read no further in "The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance" by Eric Maisel. I did ponder my lack of creativity with every cup of coffee since reading this week's Cafe' Creative Prompt. I kept thinking something, SOMETHING would come to me, but nothing particularly inspirational did. 


All in all I will score myself a 5 out of 10 and three bliss boosts. I had fun and bliss was found.  I realize that creativity is not just found in art but this time around I had intended concentrating on my art expressions so this is why I feel like it wasn't as stellar as previous creativity weeks even if I have scored myself about the same. Perhaps this means I am raising the bar on my expectations... a double edged sword perhaps but as I close out the week I am making it mean that I am creating some high caliber bliss over in my world and that certainly makes it all worthwhile! 


How about you? What kind of bliss are you creating in your life? 


Next Post: So excited! Passion Week begins!
Have something to say about Creativity? 
Written a a fun post about your creativity challenges or successes? 
This is the place to share it! 
New and old favorite posts and essays are welcome here!
I have something to say about Creativity!

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

My 13 bliss virtues are  
 [Click on any virtue to see all the Everyday 
Bliss Posts on the topic.]

3 comments:

  1. Yes! Creativity is far more than just art! Although, I'm partial to the art part of it! LOL! I'm glad you found your Bliss this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Glass pieces :-) I collect Glass and would find those hard to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love going to art shows and discovering new creative folks! It's so amazing the wealth of talent there is in this small world of ours. I've actually started a little feature on my blog every Thursday called Terrifically Talented Thursday (try saying that 10 times fast!) where I feature new and exciting artisans! Theresa :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you "very so much" (the construct I stole from my 3 year old!) for your comments! I reply to every comment. I will ALWAYS reply over here on the blog so if you haven't heard from directly please do check back here. If you become a Disqus member you will be automatically updated via email as well!

Start Building YOUR Empire Today!

Empire Building Kit

Legal Stuff

Bottom Line: Don't steal. Stealing isn't nice and it is also illegal.

© Kathy Sprinkle and Everyday Kathy, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Everyday Kathy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues

  • 1. TEMPERANCE - Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
  • 2. SILENCE - Speak not what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
  • 3. ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
  • 4. RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
  • 5. FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. waste nothing.
  • 6. INDUSTRY - Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
  • 7. SINCERITY - Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and if you speak, speak accordingly.
  • 8. JUSTICE - Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
  • 9. MODERATION - Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
  • 10. CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths or habitation.
  • 11. TRANQUILITY - Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
  • 12. CHASTITY - Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or to the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
  • 13. HUMILITY - Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails