Check out the New Blog Here!

Click on "Bliss Habits" and let me know what you think!

Saturday, April 3, 2010

I have something to say about that!

JOY - A source or cause of keen pleasure or delight; something exceptionally festive or satisfying. [Joy week starts here. Click here for this week's Bliss Initiatives]

I have a few new and exciting things to announce today.  Please note if you read this blog on Facebook or in a reader some of the features I am talking about in this announcement post may not be visible so please hop on over to the blog to see everything I am talking about. 

Some of you may have noticed that I have, in addition to the Bliss Shops page which I added last week, (You can find the pages at the top of the blog just under the header) I have added two additional pages to the blog. Play an Everyday Game explains how you can create your own version of the game I am playing over at Everyday Bliss. I have also added an About Kathy page. Both pages have a place for you to comment and ask questions, game specific and in the case of the About Kathy page Me specific. LOL I do not expect that you have that many burning questions about me but I am hopeful that some of you might be interested in playing your own version of the game. On the Play an Everyday Game page I've provided a place to ask those questions as well as a place to link any blog posts you may write as a result. If you don't have a blog but have something lengthy that you would be interested in sharing let me know and I will post it for you. In time I plan on developing a community page where people playing an Everyday Game can share their stories, motivate each other and generally enjoy good company. Look for that later this year.

In the meantime I am going to begin something new over here at Everyday Bliss. As you may remember, Everyday Bliss has had a few "guest bloggers." 

I love the idea of someone else chiming in on my virtues and offering a different perspective. I think it is a fabulous way to learn something I haven't thought about as well as away to offer you, my dear readers, another point of view. Please note, I'm going to continue my guest blogger initiative, so if you think you might be interested in being a guest blogger please let me know.

I have been thinking about ways to make Everyday Bliss more interactive. It is my hope that some of my posts have encouraged you to think about the various virtues in your life and or perhaps one of my posts reminded you of something and you had the "I have something to say about that!" thought. Perhaps, as a result of reading something here you went back to your own blog and shared something funny, lovely or profound with your readers. If this is the case I would love to know! 

As is the case with my guest bloggers and since we all would benefit from hearing other perspectives I wanted to provide a way for us to pool our collective knowledge on a particular subject. So going forward if you "have something to say about that" and the that in this case will be the specific virtues in my Everyday Bliss Game I am going to give you a place to do it! Have something to share about Joy this week? Just add your link to my I have something to say about JOY linky which will appear at the bottom of every post [and soon in a page of their own!] in that topic. Next week is Order week so anything you have to say about organization will be heartily welcome to that linky. All thirteen of my virtue topics are posted at the bottom of every post. If you have something to say on any of them I would love for you to add your link to the linky library. (Again if you don't have a blog and have something you would like to share do let me know and I can get it posted for you.)

The links you share will become part of the ongoing library of thought on the topic. These are not a weekly memes that will be discontinued after each week. It is my hope that people interested in more information or thought on a specific virtue can hop through the links and this can become a useful and fun repository on all thirteen virtues of bliss. I'm really excited to see what you all have to say! Down the road I can see compiling some type of "best of" from the links gathered... but I'm getting really ahead of myself!!

I hope the concept is fun and interesting to you. I'm excited to get it launched and I welcome your feedback! So, if you have something to say about that please do let me know!!!


Next Post: A Joyous wrap up!


I've got something to say about Joy!
My 13 bliss virtues are  joyordercreativitypassionwhimsyserenityinquiry
communityromancegratitudemoxiehumility, and surprise
 [Click on any virtue to see all the Everyday Bliss Posts on the topic.]
blog comments powered by Disqus

Start Building YOUR Empire Today!

Empire Building Kit

Legal Stuff

Bottom Line: Don't steal. Stealing isn't nice and it is also illegal.

© Kathy Sprinkle and Everyday Kathy, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Everyday Kathy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues

  • 1. TEMPERANCE - Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
  • 2. SILENCE - Speak not what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
  • 3. ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
  • 4. RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
  • 5. FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. waste nothing.
  • 6. INDUSTRY - Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
  • 7. SINCERITY - Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and if you speak, speak accordingly.
  • 8. JUSTICE - Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
  • 9. MODERATION - Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
  • 10. CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths or habitation.
  • 11. TRANQUILITY - Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
  • 12. CHASTITY - Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or to the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
  • 13. HUMILITY - Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails