Check out the New Blog Here!

Click on "Bliss Habits" and let me know what you think!

Sunday, April 11, 2010

The big reveal and final orderly observations!

ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time. [Order week begins here. Click for this week's Bliss Initiatives.]

My fairy party girl!

Woosh! What a week! I really like it when it feels like I packed a lot of living in a week. With my girl's birthday party this weekend, finishing up reading a book AND doing my Order Bliss Initiatives plus the general life stuff I really feel like this was a productive and happy week. I banged out that pantry the same day I told you about it.

Before and After 
In the before shot, everything is just sort of shoved in.
In the after shot each spot in the pantry holds specific items.
I found several duplicates and consolidated things. Now it no longer takes 10 minutes of rifling through stuff to locate what a recipe may need. My Sweetie, who does a lot of the cooking really appreciated the clean up too and is even thinking about adding labels to remind us where things are supposed to go!

The garage is a much bigger job and I have to admit not completing it. I have sorted through and made the place walkable and I now have 5 general areas that will require further handling. First area is electronics and appliances which is my Sweetie's area to manage. Second is a  recycling area. I filled up our bin already for this week so over the next couple of weeks I will continue to break down the remaining cardboard boxes and get them out of the garage. Third area is stuff to be given away or donated... did a lot of this this week but we still have a lot of clothes I plan on getting out of the house next week. This leaves a household area where I keep emergency food/water supplies (earthquake prone California living!) extra dry goods and some laundry items. I eliminated the oppressive pile and will try to keep no more then a load or two in arrears. Piling up 10 loads was really out of control! The final area I have is our craft and holiday stuff which still needs A LOT of sorting and tossing. 


Before and After... so far!

We are in the home stretch towards hiring someone to finish the garage and put cabinets in. I will share the final product in a later post.

All in all I will give myself an 8 out of 10 for this week. The area I didn't get much traction in walet each part of your business have its time and I am sad to report I still have not scheduled those appointments I wanted. Well I suppose there has to be some room for growth! How about you? Did you bring order anywhere that you are proud to share? I'd love to know!

With regard to my Bliss Boost tally, I can only give myself 2. Doing all the organizational work and finishing The Happiness Project as I promised was immensely satisfying but I allowed the pressure to feel frantic and not always blissful. I don't believe pressure or intention needs to be inherently frantic so this is something I plan on changing to exhilaration instead... this attempt and post is for another day...

At this moment I think I'll be going to eat some leftover Tinkerbell Cake and play a rousing game of Candyland. Have a great Sunday everyone. See you tomorrow when Creativity week gets started.

Next Post: Creativity Week Begins.




Have something to say about organization? 
Written a a fun post about your foibles while keeping your house clean? 
This is the place to share it! 
New and old favorite posts and essays are welcome here!

Have something to say about Order?
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.



My 13 bliss virtues are  
 [Click on any virtue to see all the Everyday 
Bliss Posts on the topic.]

3 comments:

  1. What a cute little flower faerie! I have just started reading "The Happiness Project" and I am finding it be rather interesting. I can totally relate to where the author is coming from. I am still trying to get my "house" in order. There just never seems to be enough time in the day to do all I want to do. But I did list some new items today and now I am catching up on correspondence. Hopefully, tomorrow morning, after a little promoting I can write a new blog post and have a little "me" time. :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday to your lovely flower faerie!! She is absolutely adorable.

    Personally, I think you did an amazing job. Even a month seems a short time to handle a garage - and you did that, a pantry, a book, the blog, and LIFE. A big CONGRATULATIONS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a LOT done last week! And belated Happy Birthday to your oh-so-cute daughter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you "very so much" (the construct I stole from my 3 year old!) for your comments! I reply to every comment. I will ALWAYS reply over here on the blog so if you haven't heard from directly please do check back here. If you become a Disqus member you will be automatically updated via email as well!

Start Building YOUR Empire Today!

Empire Building Kit

Legal Stuff

Bottom Line: Don't steal. Stealing isn't nice and it is also illegal.

© Kathy Sprinkle and Everyday Kathy, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Everyday Kathy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues

  • 1. TEMPERANCE - Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
  • 2. SILENCE - Speak not what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
  • 3. ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
  • 4. RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
  • 5. FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. waste nothing.
  • 6. INDUSTRY - Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
  • 7. SINCERITY - Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and if you speak, speak accordingly.
  • 8. JUSTICE - Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
  • 9. MODERATION - Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
  • 10. CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths or habitation.
  • 11. TRANQUILITY - Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
  • 12. CHASTITY - Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or to the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
  • 13. HUMILITY - Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails