Check out the New Blog Here!

Click on "Bliss Habits" and let me know what you think!

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Surprise! I'm Tipping My Hat!

SURPRISE - A sudden feeling of wonder or astonishment; to come upon or discover suddenly and unexpectedly. [Click here for this week's Bliss Initiatives]
From Google Images

I suppose this is really a surprise since I don't even have a hat on! It is just that since flipping people and things off yesterday, I felt turn about was only fair. I wanted to honor folks who have been honorable or did the right thing by me this week!
Though hardly anyone tips their hats anymore in a gesture of friendliness, we still display similar actions to acknowledge a stranger ... such as a quick wave, a nod, a wink, or a hearty smile in passing. With small acts of friendliness we can - and should - acknowledge each another. By doing so, we can possibly make someone feel a little better as they pass by. (from Suzanne Molino Singleton in the Baltimore Inspirational Examiner)
I like the expression "a tip of my hat" as an expression of acknowledgement so there you have it  AND here we go:

A TIP of MY HAT for the GOP - For maturely handling the removal of General Stanley McChrystal as field commander in Afghanistan. For the first time in a while I was proud of our leaders for supporting our president. Insubordination is NOT a partisan issue and the GOP did not try to make it one.

A TIP of MY HAT for Kevin Costner - and his brother for coming up with a viable gulf clean up process. It is inspirational that such a well know actor would want to have his legacy defined as something more then acting and that the invention actually works!

A TIP of MY HAT to my Sweetie - who didn't listen to all my pronouncements regarding fat rolls and still brought home my favorite dessert (cheese cake!)

A TIP of MY HAT to my Girl - for declaring that I am the "Best Mommy on the Planet!" (for getting her green grapes at the grocery store.)

A TIP of MY HAT to my readers - who enjoyed my FLIP OFFS and didn't see it as the demise of my mostly inspirational blog!

And Finally...

A TIP of MY HAT to the Earth - who I unfairly flipped off yesterday for not allowing me to control time.  I really do appreciate all you have to put up with sustaining life along with all our human interference and I promise to be more respectful in the future!

Have you tipped your hat to someone lately?

Next Post - Surprising conclusions!


My 13 bliss virtues are 
joy, order, creativity, passion, whimsy, serenity, inquiry, community, 
romance, gratitude, moxie, humility, and surprise.



This week we are studying Surprise. 
Next week it is Hiatus week and after that, Joy.

4 comments:

  1. Those are wonderful choices for a tip of the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stoppin by from SITS! Awesome post! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from SITS! Nice hat-tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice choices! I tip my hat off to the great new Indian Restaurant we tried yesterday. The cauliflower dish (yes, cauliflower!) was to DIE for. And I also tip my hat off to the new berry farm we found yesterday that offers organic pick-your-own! We will definitely be back! We picked a ton of fresh blueberries for pies and muffins. Yum! And I tip my hat to all the creatives I've visited the past two days holding fine Mad Tea Parties (of the Alice variety).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you "very so much" (the construct I stole from my 3 year old!) for your comments! I reply to every comment. I will ALWAYS reply over here on the blog so if you haven't heard from directly please do check back here. If you become a Disqus member you will be automatically updated via email as well!

Start Building YOUR Empire Today!

Empire Building Kit

Legal Stuff

Bottom Line: Don't steal. Stealing isn't nice and it is also illegal.

© Kathy Sprinkle and Everyday Kathy, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Everyday Kathy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues

  • 1. TEMPERANCE - Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
  • 2. SILENCE - Speak not what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
  • 3. ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
  • 4. RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
  • 5. FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. waste nothing.
  • 6. INDUSTRY - Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
  • 7. SINCERITY - Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and if you speak, speak accordingly.
  • 8. JUSTICE - Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
  • 9. MODERATION - Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
  • 10. CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths or habitation.
  • 11. TRANQUILITY - Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
  • 12. CHASTITY - Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or to the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
  • 13. HUMILITY - Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails