Check out the New Blog Here!

Click on "Bliss Habits" and let me know what you think!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Gratitude week comes to an end

GRATITUDE - warmly or deeply appreciative of kindness or benefits received; very thankful. [Gratitude week begins here.Click for this week's Bliss Initiatives.]


I started out my Gratitude week with such enthusiasm! My plan was to get everyone all psyched up and grateful for all the wonderful things in their lives. I came up with a couple of gratitude games that I was hoping might be inspirational, and for a couple of you I think that may have been the case but I feel like I may have let you all down in terms of really good content! I admit to being slightly distracted because of the launch of my other blog, Everyday Mommy, and I haven't quite figured out the balance of doing both at the moment. I do want you all to know that I still intend Everyday Bliss to be my primary blog focus.


Initially I intended to end my Gratitude Week with the announcement of my Gratitude Pig Giveaway but I have decided to keep that contest going. Additional grateful entries will continue to be accepted (so do stop on by and share your thankful gratefulness today!)  Look for an announcement about how I am going to conclude things during Moxie week (I will also update in the original contest link.) Additionally, I will be keeping the Gratitude Hop going until the end of the month so please don't be shy about linking up all your grateful links!


This week I ran across a couple of terrific new to me blogs that really speak the language of gratitude. I have decided to share them with you so you can be inspired too!


  •   The Living Gratitude blog is a fabulous site entirely devoted to The Attitude of Gratitude a movement "designed to encourage people to develop the daily habit of expressing gratitude for all that is right in our world." 

    • Jane Anne over at Gravity of Motion is in the middle of her own Gratitude Experiment and has been logging all sorts of grateful musings in her weekly meme Thursday Thank Tank. I think you would enjoy a visit of all of these grateful goings on.



      All in all I am giving myself a 7 out of 10 for my overall score this week. I am also giving myself 4 bliss boosts, particularly because continuing the gratitude games will keep me thinking grateful thoughts!


      How about you? Are you doing anything about keeping An Attitude of Gratitude alive an well in your life?

      Next post: The close of Gratitude week


      My 13 bliss virtues are joy, order, creativity, passion, whimsy, serenity, inquiry, community, romance, gratitude, moxie, humility, and surprise.




      This week we are studying Gratitude. Next up is Moxie Week.

      4 comments:

      1. Hi Kathy, Kind of sorry to see this week over. It's such an important virtue. I didn't succeed all that well this week, so I'll give myself a 5 out of 10. :( This week will be better, I am sure! Theresa

        ReplyDelete
      2. This sounds like an awesome idea. I am eternally grateful to the gift of motherhood, to a broad sense of humour and the ability to move my body. There is so much to be grateful for always, easy to forget when you've got the Monday blahs.

        ReplyDelete
      3. I've been doing a gratitude journal for a while now. There are days when it's easier then others, days when I feel it's almost routine. Which defeats the purpose. I suppose this is a question and not really a comment, but how do you keep it feeling honest?

        I came from WOW to say hi.

        ReplyDelete
      4. Thanks so much for stopping by... I'll be over to visit you later!

        You ask a great question! For me the answer is to look for places and things I don't normally think about and to be very specific. For example, it is easy to say I am grateful for my family but there isn'y really much juice in that statement. If I really look at what makes my heart sing with regard to my husband I can become supremely grateful for the fact that he prefers to spend time with us over any other hobby. He is not a big sports fan or golfer. When he has time to himself he chooses to spend it with us. I know of golf "widows" and I am really grateful not to be one!

        So my advice would be if you notice an answer you write in your journal leaves you flat then dig deeper for something specific and that will help to keep you honest!

        ReplyDelete

      Thank you "very so much" (the construct I stole from my 3 year old!) for your comments! I reply to every comment. I will ALWAYS reply over here on the blog so if you haven't heard from directly please do check back here. If you become a Disqus member you will be automatically updated via email as well!

      Start Building YOUR Empire Today!

      Empire Building Kit

      Legal Stuff

      Bottom Line: Don't steal. Stealing isn't nice and it is also illegal.

      © Kathy Sprinkle and Everyday Kathy, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Everyday Kathy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

      Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues

      • 1. TEMPERANCE - Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
      • 2. SILENCE - Speak not what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
      • 3. ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
      • 4. RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
      • 5. FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. waste nothing.
      • 6. INDUSTRY - Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
      • 7. SINCERITY - Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and if you speak, speak accordingly.
      • 8. JUSTICE - Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
      • 9. MODERATION - Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
      • 10. CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths or habitation.
      • 11. TRANQUILITY - Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
      • 12. CHASTITY - Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or to the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
      • 13. HUMILITY - Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

      LinkWithin

      Related Posts with Thumbnails