Check out the New Blog Here!

Click on "Bliss Habits" and let me know what you think!

Friday, June 25, 2010

Surprise I am flipping someone off!

SURPRISE - A sudden feeling of wonder or astonishment; to come upon or discover suddenly and unexpectedly. [Click here for this week's Bliss Initiatives]
Well isn't this a fine kettle of fish, everyone thanking me for all my positive energy round here, and I have decided to participate in Friday Flip offs! I was originally just going to "RANT" today but then I found out about Kludgy Mom's Friday Flip Offs and I thought perfect!! Don't worry, I will be returning to my regularly scheduled good will once I get a few things off my chest! It is surprise week after all... hopefully you are at least a little surprised by my tone or this forthcoming diatribe is ill conceived... anyway, let's get started.




To the woman in the red Jeep in front of me - FLIP OFF! It is annoying enough that you have to chain smoke with your window open in front of me at a traffic light but then you had to flip the lit butt out of your window so I could enjoy watching it smolder on the pavement. Littering is tacky enough but we live in California where fires start because someone looks at the dry grass the wrong way... a little wind in the right direction and you could take out a subdivision. What the hell were you thinking?!!!


To BP - FLIP OFF!! OK we get it you have absolutely no idea how to fix your disaster but if I have to watch one more "sincere" advertisement about how you are going to "make things right" I am going to spontaneously combust. As I mentioned above, I live in California so in addition to the gulf coast annihilation you will be responsible for a fire that takes out Northern California.


To my Fat Jeans - FLIP OFF!! You have got to be kidding! I was willing to release you from the top shelf of my closet and take you for a glamorous spin to the grocery store and park but NO, you too have forsaken me with your belly roll inducing closure. Thank goodness your sweat pant cousin is still available or I would be heading to the store half naked.


To my floors - FLIP OFF!! Why do you have to be a magnet for filth and grime? Can you not remain clean for at least three seconds so I can enjoy walking across you without stepping in something sticky or wet?


And Finally


To the earth - FLIP OFF! While I am really grateful that you have decide to give us all a gorgeous place to live could you please just slow that orbiting around the sun down a bit? 24 hours in a day is just NOT enough. Could you back it off a bit and give me 28 or even 30 hours? No wait, even better, could I call you the day before and let you know what I need tomorrow? 


Hey that was pretty cathartic! How about you? Wanna flip someone/something off? Join the hop and tell us all about it!





Next Post - Back to Inspirational Surprises!



My 13 bliss virtues are 
joy, order, creativity, passion, whimsy, serenity, inquiry, community, 
romance, gratitude, moxie, humility, and surprise.



This week we are studying Surprise. Next week it is Hiatus week and after that, Joy.

12 comments:

  1. LOL! Yes, I am so with you on these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - Venting is sport for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate people who puff in my face and I'm totally with ya on the time factor. Great flips! Glad you joined in!
    alicia @ a beautiful mess
    http://www.weloveiowa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - this WAS a surprise! LOL I am in full agreement with the BP flip off. My heart breaks on a daily basis. But here are some positives in the midst of darkness:
    http://ripplesketches.blogspot.com/ Wonderful artisans are donating their work to this amazing cause! Donate to one of the two participating organizations helping animals and birds of the coast, and choose an amazing piece of art to own.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/HelpTheGulfCoast All the artists here are donating 100 % of their proceeds through this shop. There's lots of great items.
    Together, WE can put BP to shame. If they won't fix it, we will. :)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for joining in :) I hate people that hurt the earth with ciggy butts. And I am right there with you on the belly roll enclosure. Ugh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAH ha ha ha...that was awesome. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea! Love your list and that image cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahahahaha, that cracked me up- what a great post! Thanks for making me laugh : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. The last FLIP was the funniest!! But the one about the jeans was toooooo close for comfort! Its not so much the grubby gloors which bug me, its the sort of tacky 'schlippsh' when I pull my foot off something sticky I've accidentally stepped on....if that makes sense?
    And yes- this post was a surprise so I guess....SCORE!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so funny!! I have a Flip Off too. Yesterday I was driving under the interstate, heading for the grocery store. This woman in a white Toyota is coming off the interstate ramp behind a semi. She literally runs me out of my lane, like she wasn't even looking!!! It's a good thing there was no one in the lane to my left, or we would have been sardines!! FLIP Off and learn how to drive!!!

    P.S. I brought a cup of tea with me from the Lady Bloggers Tea Party.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those were some excellent flips!
    I live in Alabama and the whole Gulf Coast thing is severely pssing me off.
    I can relate to the jeans-thank jeebus for yoga pants or I would be naked a good bit of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness--It is GORGEOUS in here; I love the simplicity in your design.

    Glad you got all of that off your chest! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you "very so much" (the construct I stole from my 3 year old!) for your comments! I reply to every comment. I will ALWAYS reply over here on the blog so if you haven't heard from directly please do check back here. If you become a Disqus member you will be automatically updated via email as well!

Start Building YOUR Empire Today!

Empire Building Kit

Legal Stuff

Bottom Line: Don't steal. Stealing isn't nice and it is also illegal.

© Kathy Sprinkle and Everyday Kathy, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Everyday Kathy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues

  • 1. TEMPERANCE - Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
  • 2. SILENCE - Speak not what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
  • 3. ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
  • 4. RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
  • 5. FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. waste nothing.
  • 6. INDUSTRY - Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
  • 7. SINCERITY - Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and if you speak, speak accordingly.
  • 8. JUSTICE - Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
  • 9. MODERATION - Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
  • 10. CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths or habitation.
  • 11. TRANQUILITY - Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
  • 12. CHASTITY - Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or to the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
  • 13. HUMILITY - Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails