Check out the New Blog Here!

Click on "Bliss Habits" and let me know what you think!

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Surprise I might be an A lister

SURPRISE - A sudden feeling of wonder or astonishment; to come upon or discover suddenly and unexpectedly. [Click here for this week's Bliss Initiatives]


So I am stealing a few minutes while my Sweetie is giving the girl a bath and I was hopping around visiting folks and I ran into The Blogger's Concierge and they are looking for bloggers who consider themselves "A List Material."


 Of course when I first hear that I immediately say to myself, "Why yes, of course I am A listable!" 


Then they ask to say why and I start to doubt.


"Well what IS "A List" material?'


"I've never really been that popular and I kind of relate to Kathy Griffin's D list. Does that mean I could NEVER be A list?"


Well, they didn't really put a criteria out there except for something about possibly "being the first in the know." Well darn it then, I am NEVER the FIRST in the know. I'm probably regularly in the bottom third about knowing anything. I can fake it well though and even if I didn't know when we started the conversation I can have you believing, by the end of it, that the whole darn thing was my idea. Yep, I'm that good! Really that doesn't happen often... but sometimes....


Having this little conversation with myself made me think, "Well that is the whole damn point!" 


You are A list if you think you are A list!
And today I am declaring myself A list! So Howdy Madam Concierge-ists! I want to play along and I hope you enjoy my A List Blog!


My blog is different from most blogs and the same too. I am in the middle of year long experiment to encourage more Everyday Bliss in my life. In order to do this I am playing an Everyday Game in which I explore what I am calling the 13 virtues of Bliss. Each week I concentrate on one of the virtues, create games to play and report my success or failures here.


I do my best to talk from my heart and I throw in surprises and some regular bloggy tricks from time to time (participating in really fun memes like Flip Off Friday and TMI Thursday) and all in all do my best to offer a little fun and inspiration on a daily basis. In my About this Blog tab you can find out more about the kind of things I generally post.  


And if you want something a bit lighter, and from a Mom's perspective, you can always head over to my other newer (and also A List Blog) Everyday Mommy. Somewhere in either of these places I hope you are going to find something that tickles your fancy!


You too are an A List blog so head on over to the Blogger's Concierge and get yourself listed! The A List Affair is closing June 28th!!


Next Post: Will REALLY be the surprising conclusions I mentioned earlier today, or it will be yet another surprise... see you then!


My 13 bliss virtues are 
joy, order, creativity, passion, whimsy, serenity, inquiry, community, 
romance, gratitude, moxie, humility, and surprise.



This week we are studying Surprise. 
Next week it is Hiatus week and after that, Joy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi kathy! gigi from TBC here! I love your blog, the concept is so different and fun. I especially appreciate the virtue of moxie...we all need a little more moxie every now and then! Glad you signed up for the A List Affair and look forward to connecting with you on TBC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For years I've tried not to compare myself to others as I alwys think I'm at the bottom of whatever is being measured so when folk speak of A List or, there's another phrase I can't think of just now, I curl up and creep off. But I guess if we could do our own rating and openly acknowledge our own strengths that would be different altogether- in fact, fun and positive! Makes you think though, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you "very so much" (the construct I stole from my 3 year old!) for your comments! I reply to every comment. I will ALWAYS reply over here on the blog so if you haven't heard from directly please do check back here. If you become a Disqus member you will be automatically updated via email as well!

Start Building YOUR Empire Today!

Empire Building Kit

Legal Stuff

Bottom Line: Don't steal. Stealing isn't nice and it is also illegal.

© Kathy Sprinkle and Everyday Kathy, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Everyday Kathy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues

  • 1. TEMPERANCE - Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
  • 2. SILENCE - Speak not what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
  • 3. ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
  • 4. RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
  • 5. FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. waste nothing.
  • 6. INDUSTRY - Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
  • 7. SINCERITY - Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and if you speak, speak accordingly.
  • 8. JUSTICE - Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
  • 9. MODERATION - Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
  • 10. CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths or habitation.
  • 11. TRANQUILITY - Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
  • 12. CHASTITY - Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or to the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
  • 13. HUMILITY - Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails