Check out the New Blog Here!

Click on "Bliss Habits" and let me know what you think!

Friday, June 11, 2010

Everyday Bliss gets an Award for my 300th post!!!

MOXIE- The ability to face difficulty with spirit and courage; vigor; verve; pep. [Moxie Week begins here. Click for this week's Bliss Initiative.] And a little dash of Gratitude too!

I actually cleaned my house in lieu of writing this post. That should tell you something. I am not a huge "milestone" gal so the fact that this is my 300th post kind of snuck up on me. If you have been following my blog since the beginning you know that there was no mention of a 100th or 200th.  I just don't normally think in those terms. This is a year long project so my perspective has been on my 13 week quarters and each cycle through the virtues but since my guest blogger from yesterday was celebrating her 100th post I thought "Hmmm, wonder how many I have done?" and there it was, 300 was today.
As soon as I realized it I suddenly had the urge to mark it in some way and that is when the writers block hit. I've been doing everything and anything not to write this post. It is primarily because I think it is supposed to be particularly fabulous and I don't want to let you down.
Then today I received a little email telling me I had won a blog award. To be perfectly frank I've been a little bit on the fence about how I feel about the whole award thing but I figured I would just wait until I got one to figure it out. Then months and months passed and it never happened. You know that joke about not wanting to be a member of any club that wanted you... I was sort of in that place! You know, deflecting the fact that while I thought the whole "award" thingy could get in the way of so called "serious blogging" I was a little sad that no one thought my blog was worthy. 
Yikes! here it is Moxie week and all my teen age angst issues have decided to rear their heads! Pretty funny how this stuff continues to live on an on in us! On that note, to update you all regarding my little playground incident earlier in the week, I really feel I have undergone a transformation because of the comments so many of you shared. When I finished my post on Tuesday, I really wasn't sure how I might act in the future but now I am convinced I will make choices my heart will not regret. I said at the end of that post that Moxie is NOT strong in this one but because of all your support I can honestly say Moxie is rising in me. Thank you for that!
Back to the Award. Because of it's fortuitous arrival here on the eve of my 300th post it seemed positively fitting and particularly celebratory to play along! So thank you Katina, I will accept this award and am really delighted to share it with some of my favorite bloggers.
Substance Award
I received this award from Katina over at Peaceful Divas.  One of my inquiry web searches landed me on her terrific blog where she has an thoroughly inspiring take on tackling the mundane. I had already decided that I wanted to introduce you all to her next Order week and here she comes along and gives me my very first blog award. What really makes this award special to me is that I wasn't really even aware that she read Everyday Bliss on a regular basis. Gives me hope there may be more of you silent types out there actually do read regularly! So thank you so much Katina. I so appreciate knowing that you read and enjoy my blog.
When this award is given to you, there are a couple of things you are supposed to do:

1. Thank the person who gave you the award: (a little linky love never killed anybody!)

Check!

2. Sum up my blogging philosophy, motivation and experience in 5 words:

Bliss, Accountability, Inspiration, Love and Joy.

So sweet! Look how Katina answered this question:
Ok that is really hard to do but I chose: discipleship, empowerment, joy, sistahood, and moxie.
(I just love Everyday Bliss' definition of moxie: the ability to face difficulty with spirit and courage; vigor, verve, pep).

Thank you, thank you again!

3. The final step is for me to choose 10 other blogs whom I think are"Blogs With Substance".

I'm so excited to bestow this award on the following blogs. I would consider all of them Blogs With Substance. They offer their readers an interesting point of view and they make me laugh and think about things I wouldn't otherwise experience. I enjoy reading these blogs and they motivate me to become a better blogger.
Here is my list in no particular order:









Please dear friends I have nominated for this award, feel no pressure to do anything with it. If you would like to play along, of course that would be delightful, but if your blog plate is already too full for one more thing do of course I understand. Just know I put you on this list because I enjoy what you provide and my blogging experience is richer for having you in it. Thank you.

On this grateful note... and considering that June 11th is the National Hug Holiday I would like to send out a virtual hug to all my readers. I really am thankful to have shared these 300 posts with you and if you are willing would love to share 300 more!

Next Post: Acts of bravery and a little pig

My 13 bliss virtues are 
joy, order, creativity, passion, whimsy, serenity, inquiry, community, 
romance, gratitude, moxie, humility, and surprise.



This week we are studying moxie. Next week it is Humility.

15 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you so much for the award and congratulations on hitting such a milestone! 300 posts is something to be very proud of. I'm also sending you a virtual hug to say thanks for writing such wonderful posts and being such a great blogger friend! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You so derserved the award! Yes, I do regularly read your blog!!! I must make a note to comment more!!! Virtual Hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your 300th post (I'm quickly coming up to my 100th -- hooray!) And thank you so much for the award. As always, I'm touched & flattered...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your 300th post! And...I must say that as far as first awards go, this one suits you better than any I have seen! Perfect and well deserved!!!! Thank you so much for thinking of me and passing on this gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting blog - and it appears rather succcessful. I'm all for bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so very much for the honor, Kathy! I feel privileged to be amongst such fine company. :) AND congratulations to you for being gifted with the award and for reaching such a wonderful milestone. :) Here's to 300 more! Theresa :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you So much dear Kathy! What a wonderful award...substance truly is what I'm going for - yippee! So congrats to YOU as well and... 300th post?! How stunning! How lucky we are!

    Re: the playground incident - I left it up to comment and never did. Not sure how to respond other than I am an awe of your awareness, both during and after. I think AWARENESS is the key - the response is where the practice of living comes in.

    Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot! I appreciate the award, and one of these days I'll get it into my sidebar!

    I'm such a slacker.

    I am diggin this comment form font though...

    I could type forever just watching the words form beautifully as they spill from my mind onto the computer screen in a wonderful juxtaposition of the world's view from the eyes of a soulful and somewhat angry young man that is about to change his perspective to...

    Wait. Where am I?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the award, linking to my blog and, especially, for appreciating my blog. I am glad our paths have crossed. I need to spend some time reading more of your blog. I hope to do that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the comment. When I looked at your info, I thought it said "stubborn wife and mom" instead of "suburban wife and mom." I guess I should look at things more closely! Have a weekend full of the Lord's rich blessings. Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  11. debbie_suburbsanityJune 12, 2010 at 6:10 AM

    Congratulations on your award and 300 posts! Now, I am hoping I get inspiration from you and clean my house.

    ReplyDelete
  12. BLissed-Out GrandmaJune 12, 2010 at 1:37 PM

    Hey, congrats on your 300th post, and on cleaning your house (something I can't manage to do because I'm too interested in work and blogging). Thank you for including me in the group to which you've passed along the award! It's a wonderful group; I enjoyed visiting them (I had already visited some because of their comments here). Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. COngrats on your award, Kathy! And I'm late on the virtual hug but here's one anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A huge congrats for your award and 300th post. I always love your blog with your inspirational and fun posts. Sorry for the late virtual 'high five' but, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Almost 100 posts, but not quite (I think I'm up to 86 or 87?) Not sure about celebrating. Maybe we can go out for a latte (or if we're feeling Moxie-licious, we can have martinis!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you "very so much" (the construct I stole from my 3 year old!) for your comments! I reply to every comment. I will ALWAYS reply over here on the blog so if you haven't heard from directly please do check back here. If you become a Disqus member you will be automatically updated via email as well!

Start Building YOUR Empire Today!

Empire Building Kit

Legal Stuff

Bottom Line: Don't steal. Stealing isn't nice and it is also illegal.

© Kathy Sprinkle and Everyday Kathy, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Everyday Kathy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues

  • 1. TEMPERANCE - Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
  • 2. SILENCE - Speak not what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
  • 3. ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
  • 4. RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
  • 5. FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. waste nothing.
  • 6. INDUSTRY - Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
  • 7. SINCERITY - Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and if you speak, speak accordingly.
  • 8. JUSTICE - Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
  • 9. MODERATION - Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
  • 10. CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths or habitation.
  • 11. TRANQUILITY - Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
  • 12. CHASTITY - Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or to the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
  • 13. HUMILITY - Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails