Check out the New Blog Here!

Click on "Bliss Habits" and let me know what you think!

Monday, June 21, 2010

I was so busy surprising my winners I forgot the Bliss Initiatives for this week!

SURPRISE - A sudden feeling of wonder or astonishment; to come upon or discover suddenly and unexpectedly. Here are this week's Bliss Initiatives!



OK, confession time. Yesterday my Sweetie decided to celebrate Father's day by grilling a very decadent meal which he served with pre-dinner Martinis and a beautiful bottle of wine with the meal. Both of which I took full advantage of and for which am now paying the price. I totally have a hangover and just couldn't seem to get my usual kick off the week post put together...  So here I  am, better late then never recycling some of the old initiatives but hopefully inspiring a few of you to play along anyway.


I'm taking my last initiative truly to heart so please do expect a few surprises... or does that make it no longer surprising??... anyway, lets get the surprise party started!


As I think you know by now, my 12 month game is based loosely on Ben Franklin's weekly focus on each of his 13 virtues.  I have chosen virtues that I believe will encourage Everyday Bliss.  In addition to focusing on my virtues,  I come up with "Bliss Initiatives" (color coded in purple for quick identification!) which are concrete things that you too can try,  if you want to play along with me.  However, because as Earl Nightingale says, "you become what you think about,"  even if you only follow along,  and never take on any of the bliss initiatives,  I expect some positive results. We will be fostering SURPRISE in these ways:


  • Use "bad" surprises as a prompt for creativity. Look for the silver lining in the things that you don't like and be surprised by your ability to adapt! 
  • Make someone's day. Look for opportunities to genuinely surprise someone and make their day.
  • Look for small surprises. I intend to be delighted by sunsets and sunrises. Find enjoyment from a wild bird who happens to pause on my lawn. Notice when my family tells me that they love me or when Sweetie's's kisses or hugs linger a bit longer then usual. If you are playing along with me, see what you can allow yourself to be surprised and inspired about!
  • Surprise blog readers. Obviously this is one for bloggers. If you are not a blogger you can try this by engaging in surprising conversations with your co-workers or friends.  Go ahead and do something surprising on your blog. Comment on something you wouldn't normally say anything about, tell us something about your self which you think might shock us, write something completely off topic... generally shake things up!
Next Post: I'm not telling... it is a surprise!


My 13 bliss virtues are 
joy, order, creativity, passion, whimsy, serenity, inquiry, community, 
romance, gratitude, moxie, humility, and surprise.



This week we are studying Surprise. Next week it is Hiatus week and after that, Joy.

3 comments:

  1. Yippee - more surprises! And congrats to the winners of your giveaway...such a GENEROUS and wonderful idea.

    Tee hee - I love that you celebrated the evening to its fullest. No apologies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo is amazing! I've found you through Words of Wisdom. Wanted to congratulate you on your BON-worthiness and introduce myself. Look forward to getting to know you and your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surprises! I received a great surprise yesterday - a nice sale in my shop! I then curated a treasury - a nice surprise for others. Tomorrow there will be a fabulous giveaway on my blog - another surprise. I thankfully haven't encountered any bad surprises...yet. :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you "very so much" (the construct I stole from my 3 year old!) for your comments! I reply to every comment. I will ALWAYS reply over here on the blog so if you haven't heard from directly please do check back here. If you become a Disqus member you will be automatically updated via email as well!

Start Building YOUR Empire Today!

Empire Building Kit

Legal Stuff

Bottom Line: Don't steal. Stealing isn't nice and it is also illegal.

© Kathy Sprinkle and Everyday Kathy, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Everyday Kathy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues

  • 1. TEMPERANCE - Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
  • 2. SILENCE - Speak not what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
  • 3. ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
  • 4. RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
  • 5. FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. waste nothing.
  • 6. INDUSTRY - Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
  • 7. SINCERITY - Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and if you speak, speak accordingly.
  • 8. JUSTICE - Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
  • 9. MODERATION - Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
  • 10. CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths or habitation.
  • 11. TRANQUILITY - Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
  • 12. CHASTITY - Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or to the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
  • 13. HUMILITY - Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails