Check out the New Blog Here!

Click on "Bliss Habits" and let me know what you think!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Eight Surprising Things About Me

SURPRISE - A sudden feeling of wonder or astonishment; to come upon or discover suddenly and unexpectedly. [Click here for this week's Bliss Initiatives]
Bonus Surprise... can you guess which one is me??

Surprise! I'm doing a meme! I have done very few of these but this one looked particularly fun because 8 is my favorite number (oh did I just use one of my 8 things?) and it is surprise week so I thought what the heck!!

I think it could be challenge thinking of things I haven't covered on this blog already but I'll do my best not to repeat!!

Here are the rules of engagement:

People who are tagged need to write these rules in their own blogs & share eight things about themselves that others might not know. At the end of the their blog post, they need to tag six people and list their (blog) names. Leave a comment on the blogs of the people they’ve chosen telling them they’ve been tagged and encouraging them to come over and read the eight things you’ve written on your blog.

I've decided I will "tag" the six newest followers of Everyday Bliss as a way to get to know them better but I would find it very fun if more of you want to jump on in and play too so I will add a little linky at the bottom of the post so everyone who wants to play can share their posts too! 

OK so without further ado here are my things:

  • I once swam (most briefly) in the 38 degree (fahrenheit) ocean off the coast of wales.
  • I was 44 when my daughter was born. She is three now (do the math if you want!) I realize my friends know this fact but a couple of readers have recently asked "just how late to the game of parenting are you?" LOL
  • I can triple roll my tongue and tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue (and am happy to note it looks like my daughter has inherited at least one trait from me! For those who don't know us, Sweets looks JUST like her dad and if I hadn't carried her for nine months I wouldn't believe she was mine!)
  • I have visited all but three of the United States. North Dakota, Alaska and New Mexico are the ones remaining.
  • I participated in an Austrian "talent show" where my talent was "Not Speaking German" -- but I actually spoke enough to realize the MC had mixed up our pre-rehearsed interview and while I was answering the questions he asked, he was reacting as if I had answered others... the whole thing was uncomfortably odd!
  • In my 30s, I played host mother to a 17 year old AFS exchange student from Panama. Helena called me Mom and she still sends me mother's day cards and remembers all birthday's and holidays. Someday perhaps I'll get to be a host grandmother too!! 
  • I just (about an hour ago) took my first yoga class after not doing any formal yoga for more then 15 years. I am pretty tired but feel so content and super happy to have actually moved my body in that way. I am committing here and now that I will continue to take classes at least twice a week! Next time will be Thursday!
  • I never liked or drank any coffee until a boyfriend bought me a coffee grinder and coffee maker when I was thirty.  From that tentative introduction I've reached addict proportions... two cups a day minimum every morning and many days I'll also have an afternoon latte. I think about giving it up but I really enjoy it. That first sip in the morning.... hmmmm. Nope, no grand declarations forthcoming about this one!

OK that's Eight! (If you do want to read more I  have a list of 25 things under the About Kathy tab... scroll on down to the bottom of the page.)

As I said above,  I am "tagging" the following six newest Everyday Bliss readers to play along but if you think it sounds like fun go ahead and jump on board!! I would LOVE to learn 8 surprising things about all of you!!!


If you take the challenge and write a Surprising post please link up here... I will showcase everyone who joins the party in a blog post next week!


Next Post: Something Surprising

My 13 bliss virtues are 
joy, order, creativity, passion, whimsy, serenity, inquiry, community, 
romance, gratitude, moxie, humility, and surprise.



This week we are studying Surprise. 
Next week it is Hiatus week and after that, Joy.

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming by to visit on my SITS day! Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seems like a fun meme.
    I love love love my coffee too!
    And my mom had me late too. She was 45. You are brave women! :-)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plaid jumper with yellow stockings. (And my, you've been busy rearranging the format on your blog...)

    P.S. I think I'll take your "8 things about me" challenge. Check my blog!
    P.P.S. Looking forward to seeing you & little sweets next week...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! You are a truly fun person! And...this was all new to me, so that makes it super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I hooked up with a link but not showing up.

    Thanks so much for the tag. I have done a similar meme 3 times:(each different)
    http://www.newdaynewlesson.com/?p=914
    http://www.newdaynewlesson.com/?p=1684
    http://www.newdaynewlesson.com/?p=2248

    So I think that in total is 21 things. Hope you're not bored.

    Thanks for your email.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How much fun is that? It was great learning new things about you. :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lille Diane aka Woodstock LilyJune 23, 2010 at 10:39 AM

    Hi Kathy, Thanks for coming over to my house...{bloggy] I hope you can get out to kayak again. I lived in New Mexico growing up, and I'm taking Superman [my fiance] there after we get married in Sept for our honeymoon. It is a beautiful state especially if you travel off the main highways. Guess what ??? I have the cherry stem tying down to 3 seconds flat... LOL I used to bartend & used that trick to awe the crowd. I'm thinking of going on America's got Talent... hardy-har-har [NOT!] I'll try to work the meme in soon. Thanks for the invite~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those were really interesting facts about you Kathy! Enjoy reading your blog! I would link up myself if I didn't have so much on my plate right now...I will have to do it another time! Great idea though! :-) ~Kimberly
    www.stinkerpinker.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love hearing about"older moms." I'm currently campaigning to try for number two at 35...and my hub says we're too old. Bah humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great facts! Interesting....I don't have a blogroll yet, or I'd so do this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've now Linky-ed my post about 8 things! And I think I got an RSS feed added in addition to my email list and facebook group. Let me know if it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what an incredibly unique and wonderful blog you have! i'm visiting from WOW (waaay late to your BON feature). i absolutely LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is interesting. I love that you are fresh in your ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you "very so much" (the construct I stole from my 3 year old!) for your comments! I reply to every comment. I will ALWAYS reply over here on the blog so if you haven't heard from directly please do check back here. If you become a Disqus member you will be automatically updated via email as well!

Start Building YOUR Empire Today!

Empire Building Kit

Legal Stuff

Bottom Line: Don't steal. Stealing isn't nice and it is also illegal.

© Kathy Sprinkle and Everyday Kathy, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Everyday Kathy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues

  • 1. TEMPERANCE - Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
  • 2. SILENCE - Speak not what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
  • 3. ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
  • 4. RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
  • 5. FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. waste nothing.
  • 6. INDUSTRY - Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
  • 7. SINCERITY - Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and if you speak, speak accordingly.
  • 8. JUSTICE - Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
  • 9. MODERATION - Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
  • 10. CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths or habitation.
  • 11. TRANQUILITY - Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
  • 12. CHASTITY - Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or to the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
  • 13. HUMILITY - Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails