Check out the New Blog Here!

Click on "Bliss Habits" and let me know what you think!

Saturday, July 3, 2010

"A break or interruption of work" -- Oh, yeah, that is what a Hiatus is!

HIATUS - a break or interruption in the continuity of a work, series, action, etc


I am more then 50% of the way thru my "Hiatus" and I realized I haven't really even started! When I got to the end of Surprise week I didn't even feel like I should be taking  a hiatus and part of me was ready to go on and jump into Joy week but today I am ready for my break. This morning I was having an inordinate amount of trouble with blogger while I was writing my "quick" post for my other blog and I ended up spending more then two hours struggling to get it posted.  When I was finally done I had no time or energy for the post on Faith that I had planned for here.


Then I noticed I was getting angry. I created, "My readers are expecting something from me and because of @#$&&#!! blogger I wasn't going to deliver!" My husband came in wanting to share our morning cup of coffee together and I shooed him away because "I had to get something posted!" Then it hit me,  I have suddenly started treating my blog like it is my job. I have created "deadline" pressure that only I feel or care about. I've started obsessively checking to see if I have new commenters, followers and/or if one of my regular readers has been by or not. Frankly it is getting a little nuts!!


I LOVE this blog and I love the experiment I have going on here but this is not my job. It is my hobby, my BLISS, and a source of great fun but by treating it like a job I am sucking a lot of the joy out of it. How perfectly timely to notice this just as Joy week is approaching! Anyway, as I started this week I told you  I wanted to see what might show up if I wasn't concentrating on my virtues but keeping my same blogging schedule and not really stepping away isn't allowing for anything new. So I've decided stepping away is what I am going to do.


For the rest of this weekend I am not going to blog at all. I'm going see what might await me away from my computer and take time for any coffees my Sweetie may wish to share.  


Oh, and because it is a three day holiday weekend I will also not be posting on Monday so look for my Joy Week kick off post on Tuesday! Have a really fabulous weekend everyone. I look forward to sharing the Joy with you all next week!



Next Post: The benefits of a pause

My 13 bliss virtues are 
joy, order, creativity, passion, whimsy, serenity, inquiry, community, 
romance, gratitude, moxie, humility, and surprise.



This week it is Hiatus week and after that
 the series begins again with Joy.

8 comments:

  1. I sometimes feel the same way as you! My blog is to be enjoyed and not thought of as a "job." And Blogger can make things difficult sometimes - heartily agreed! I get discouraged if I lose a follower here or on Facebook - but for everyone who might depart, three more will spring up in its place. And those who truly enjoy us will stay no matter what! Enjoy your weekend - have a happy and safe 4th of July! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone who's a fellow Taurus gets a follow from me! Glad you gave me a comment to find you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or we're already following each other? I'm confused today. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good for you. I'm retired and seem to have locked myself into posting everyday, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiatus! That's it! That's what I've been on - a painting Hiatus! Don't stress yourself out. We'll still be here...waiting...for your next post. ;) Happy 4th of July!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, when technology problems and priorities collide...! Enjoy your hiatus.

    Coming from Lady Bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally feel like blogging is my job sometimes. I will shoo my kids just because I feel like I need to post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you "very so much" (the construct I stole from my 3 year old!) for your comments! I reply to every comment. I will ALWAYS reply over here on the blog so if you haven't heard from directly please do check back here. If you become a Disqus member you will be automatically updated via email as well!

Start Building YOUR Empire Today!

Empire Building Kit

Legal Stuff

Bottom Line: Don't steal. Stealing isn't nice and it is also illegal.

© Kathy Sprinkle and Everyday Kathy, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Everyday Kathy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues

  • 1. TEMPERANCE - Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
  • 2. SILENCE - Speak not what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
  • 3. ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
  • 4. RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
  • 5. FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. waste nothing.
  • 6. INDUSTRY - Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
  • 7. SINCERITY - Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and if you speak, speak accordingly.
  • 8. JUSTICE - Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
  • 9. MODERATION - Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
  • 10. CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths or habitation.
  • 11. TRANQUILITY - Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
  • 12. CHASTITY - Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or to the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
  • 13. HUMILITY - Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails