Check out the New Blog Here!

Click on "Bliss Habits" and let me know what you think!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Joyful Endings

JOY - A source or cause of keen pleasure or delight; something exceptionally festive or satisfying.  [Joy week begins here. Click for this week's Bliss Initiatives.] 




Thursday my Sweetie came to me and said, "Let's go on a little getaway this weekend." How perfect  I thought. This being joy week, what a stupendous ending to the week!


As it turned out  however, upon further research, the plan my Sweetie was hatching did not lend itself to a holiday week event. All the hotels he was considering were booked and he really didn't want to change what ever the plan is so he asked if I wouldn't mind switching weekends. What this means is doing our planned activity for next weekend this weekend and pushing the surprise off to another weekend.


Since next weekend's plan was to prepare the garage for the upcoming sheet rock and cabinet installation you might think I would NOT be interested but the fact that my Sweetie enjoys scheming surprise weekends is enough to have me be supportive of what ever he needs to keep happily planning these outings. So I said, "Of course I don't mind switching weekends."


I did of course request that festive cocktails be served while we are cleaning the garage... one can only go too far in accepting a bait and switch situation!


The reason I even bother to tell you all of this is that even though I suddenly had all of my usual time available to blog and do my usual activities my mind had already made the switch over to "vacation" mode and I really couldn't bring myself back. On Friday when we could have joined our friends at the park... we didn't . We had already said we wouldn't be going so I just let it go... instead we shopped for bins and cleaning supplies and went out for dinner. On Saturday morning, when I normally would have blogged we drank mimosas and ate bagel sandwiches. Then we spent the ENTIRE day, until 8:00pm going through stuff in our garage, not answering the phone and generally behaving as if we were away even though we were right out in the garage!


Order week had come a weekend early and I couldn't have been happier about it! We really got what we wanted done and at the end of the night rewarded ourselves with a movie and pizza. Today as I write this, a champagne cork has been popped and sausages and potatoes are grilling on the stove. We have a few more house projects to tackle and so we will be on home vacation for a few more hours! Please don't bother to call. We are unreachable!


How reachable or unreachable are you this weekend?


Oh, and for the weekly tally, I give myself a 7 out of 10 for Joy week. I also award 5 bliss boosts. For goodness sake if cleaning the garage can be a vacation I have this JOY thing down!! If you are interested in adding more JOY to your day, and you don't have a garage to clean up {grin}, stop by this inspirational spot:
A Beautiful Ripple Effect offers 

See you tomorrow as we get started on Order week! (Technically we have already gotten started but what the heck!)


Next post: Official start of Order week



My 13 bliss virtues are 
joy, order, creativity, passion, whimsy, serenity, inquiry, community, 
romance, gratitude, moxie, humility, and surprise.



This week we are exploring Joy. 
Next week is all about Order.

2 comments:

  1. BLissed-Out GrandmaJuly 11, 2010 at 2:47 PM

    Cleaning the garage equals joy, AND you still have a vacation getaway coming. Yup, you've got it nailed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a mixed bag for me this weekend! Need to bring my hubby to the airport early on Saturday morning and then the rest of the weekend will be spent painting. At least I will have time to focus on things! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you "very so much" (the construct I stole from my 3 year old!) for your comments! I reply to every comment. I will ALWAYS reply over here on the blog so if you haven't heard from directly please do check back here. If you become a Disqus member you will be automatically updated via email as well!

Start Building YOUR Empire Today!

Empire Building Kit

Legal Stuff

Bottom Line: Don't steal. Stealing isn't nice and it is also illegal.

© Kathy Sprinkle and Everyday Kathy, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Everyday Kathy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues

  • 1. TEMPERANCE - Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
  • 2. SILENCE - Speak not what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
  • 3. ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
  • 4. RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
  • 5. FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. waste nothing.
  • 6. INDUSTRY - Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
  • 7. SINCERITY - Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and if you speak, speak accordingly.
  • 8. JUSTICE - Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
  • 9. MODERATION - Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
  • 10. CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths or habitation.
  • 11. TRANQUILITY - Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
  • 12. CHASTITY - Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or to the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
  • 13. HUMILITY - Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails