Check out the New Blog Here!

Click on "Bliss Habits" and let me know what you think!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Shift your intention from what you are receiving to what you are giving

GRATITUDE - warmly or deeply appreciative of kindness or benefits received; very thankful.[Gratitude Week Starts here. Click for this week's Bliss Initiatives]

I saw a tweet from Demi Moore the other day which said,"Shift your intention from what you are receiving to what you are giving."  I decided it was an excellent topic for Gratitude week.

While doing some of my research about gratitude I became a little dismayed at the number of sites which proclaimed gratitude as the way to get what you want.

Finally revealed...The astonishing power of gratitude and the solution to the 5 big mistakes that keep most people from putting it to work for them!


Gratitude is a very powerful force for creating good things in your life, when it's properly applied! 

Wealth and prosperity are all yours if you cultivate gratitude! It makes me sad. Certainly the sages over the centuries weren't intending gratitude become a get rich quick scheme. Many of these teasers actually lead to some good information about gratitude but I think the approach cheapens the entire experience.  On the other hand, shift your intention from what you are receiving to what you are giving seems a completely honoring way to consider gratitude.

I know that when I have been interested in what I can do to help others a completely natural byproduct is feeling more grateful. Help someone with baby clothes I no longer need and I become grateful for having more then enough for my little girl. Sponsoring a child who needs so much I am grateful my child will never know such lack. Give a family a Thanksgiving feast (The Real Gift) and I am grateful I and mine do not know hunger.  When I take time to find out what is happening outside my own home I become immensely grateful that I have a home. When I reach out to someone who is sad, lonely or just wanting company then I am grateful for friends who reliably do the same for me.

Still, I don't seem to look outside often enough. It is easy to get busy. It is easy to be consumed with what is happening inside the walls of my home or even worse inside my head. Since starting this blog it has become, perhaps, even worse. I want the blog to be interesting, I want people to like it, I think about it and not always about the people who actually read it. In my post on Monday I said,  I am going to make a point of thanking people who have helped me, provide a service or otherwise make living a little bit better for me. It is something I think about but rarely do... and so far while I have been thinking about it I haven't done a thing!

I think I'm going to stop this post here... I have some thank you notes to write!


And for those of you who would like to make a difference in someone else's life as you celebrate your Thanksgiving Day, I would like to recommend my friend Conde's Thanksgiving dinner project.

The 10th Annual Thanksgiving Dinner Drive is a project to fund Thanksgiving dinners for homeless families with children in Phoenix area schools.
Donate today for The Real Gift Foundation Thanksgiving Dinner DriveOur goal this year is to fund 3,300 dinners, which will feed over 20,000 people.
It only takes $25 to feed an entire family. Every dollar counts – so please give as much as you can.
The pre-cooked dinners include an 8-10 pound turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, veggies, and more.

Conde Abbott Rogers has one wish for Thanksgiving - that all 3,300 homeless children & their families can have Thanksgiving Dinner. YOU can help by donating - http://www.therealgift.org

Next Post: A Happy Thanksgiving

My 13 bliss virtues: joy, order, creativity, passion, whimsy, serenity, inquiry, community, romance, gratitude, moxie, humility, surprise
blog comments powered by Disqus

Start Building YOUR Empire Today!

Empire Building Kit

Legal Stuff

Bottom Line: Don't steal. Stealing isn't nice and it is also illegal.

© Kathy Sprinkle and Everyday Kathy, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Everyday Kathy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues

  • 1. TEMPERANCE - Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
  • 2. SILENCE - Speak not what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
  • 3. ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
  • 4. RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
  • 5. FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. waste nothing.
  • 6. INDUSTRY - Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
  • 7. SINCERITY - Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and if you speak, speak accordingly.
  • 8. JUSTICE - Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
  • 9. MODERATION - Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
  • 10. CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths or habitation.
  • 11. TRANQUILITY - Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
  • 12. CHASTITY - Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or to the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
  • 13. HUMILITY - Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails