Check out the New Blog Here!

Click on "Bliss Habits" and let me know what you think!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Integral Community, a four quadrant approach to this week's Bliss Initiatives

COMMUNITY - Sharing, participation, and fellowship.

So when I hit upon my idea to use the four quadrant approach to community I figured that someone out there must have already done the same thing and I would use that information as a type of template as I go forward. Unfortunately this just doesn't seem to be the case or the examples I have found seem to be called four quadrants but really have nothing to do with Ken Wilber's Integral approach. So I guess it is up to me to do some actual thinking!


Click on Graph to find out more about what looking at the world through a 4-quadrant lens provides.


  • Upper Left Quadrant (I) Bliss Initiative: Identify what is important to me when considering my participation in a given community. What am I interested in getting, giving, creating, sharing etc. I realize I have generally been pretty random about community and am interested what some intention can provide. I've noticed that since moving to my new neighborhood I haven't felt like jumping in with my usual vigor. I want to be selective about how I spend my time so considering what I want out of my community participation will be vital before I start forming new attachments!

  • Upper Right Quadrant (IT) Bliss Initiative: Identify all of my physical communities. In this exercise I will identify all the communities where I currently participate and determine in what new communities I want to participate. This should be a very fun exercise. Some communities are obvious like families, neighborhoods but others like park users, performing art center patrons aren't always at the forefront of our minds but are still part of the world we operate in.

  • Lower Left Quadrant (WE) Bliss Initiative: Enjoy some community. This is a simple one for me since I will be attending the monthly potluck dinner with my play date mommy group and their families. If you don't already have an event planned consider hosting a little gathering with/for one of your communities.

  • Lower Right Quadrant (ITS) Bliss Initiative: I'm going to find a global community initiative that I want to see realized and see what I can do to forward the action. I'm specifically thinking of some environmental project... more to come later in the week!
Next Post: Bliss Initiatives update

My 13 bliss virtues: joy, order, creativity, passion, whimsy, serenity, inquiry, community, romance, gratitude, moxie, humility, surprise 
blog comments powered by Disqus

Start Building YOUR Empire Today!

Empire Building Kit

Legal Stuff

Bottom Line: Don't steal. Stealing isn't nice and it is also illegal.

© Kathy Sprinkle and Everyday Kathy, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Everyday Kathy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues

  • 1. TEMPERANCE - Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
  • 2. SILENCE - Speak not what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
  • 3. ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
  • 4. RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
  • 5. FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. waste nothing.
  • 6. INDUSTRY - Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
  • 7. SINCERITY - Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and if you speak, speak accordingly.
  • 8. JUSTICE - Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
  • 9. MODERATION - Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
  • 10. CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths or habitation.
  • 11. TRANQUILITY - Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
  • 12. CHASTITY - Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or to the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
  • 13. HUMILITY - Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails