Check out the New Blog Here!

Click on "Bliss Habits" and let me know what you think!

Monday, November 16, 2009

Romance week begins!

ROMANCE - To court or woo romantically; treat with ardor or chivalrousness; a strong fascination or enthusiasm for something.



Remembering the romance of our Hawaiian wedding


Each week when I am considering the bliss virtue of the week I rarely think about the coming week. In fact it is usually Sunday or sometimes, as was the case today, I wait until Monday to look at my list to see what I am exploring this week. Today I have to report that when I saw romance I was less then excited. It isn't that I don't enjoy romance, who doesn't?! It is just that I am totally clear that this week will be made or not based entirely on my romantic efforts. It isn't Rob's romance week so it isn't like I can sit back and wait for the flowers to roll in, although knowing my sweetie he will participate at least that much. It is my romance week and this means me getting of my duff and doing something romantic! Now I have all sorts of ideas about what would be romantic for me but the real point of romance is to court or woo another so I need to do the things that Rob finds romantic.

Hmmm. just where do I start? I got it! 
Bring Food. Arrive Naked.
 
It is the best darn advice, and title of Greg Godek's new book. For those of you who don't know this guy, he has written 12 books on romance including 1001 Ways to be Romantic which I already own! What the heck have I been thinking? Why did romance seem like a task when I have such great resources at my finger tips! Once again my little Bliss experiment is giving me a little kick in the pants just when something is needed! I love Rob dearly but I have been pretty darn weak in the romance department. When Rob and I met after I posted an ad asking to be "Wooed and Wowed forever" and he actually agreed to do so, I immediately started my slide into the no romance zone. Thankfully I am pretty romantic in my heart of hearts so it hasn't been all bleak for Rob, but he answered my ad to woo and wow so I have made that his job and I just haven't been playing the way I could be.


Amazing in just the time it took to write these paragraphs my entire attitude has shifted. Mere moments ago romance looked like something difficult or at least requiring effort I wasn't sure I wanted to put forth. Now it looks like something immensly fun and creative. Watch out Rob a blast of romance is definitely heading your way!


This week's "Bliss Initiatives" are color coded in purple for quick identification. They are specific things that you too can try, if you want to play along with me. However, because as Earl Nightingale
says, "you become what you think about," even if you only follow along, and never take on any of the bliss initiatives, I expect some positive results. I will be exploring and encouraging ROMANCE this way:

  • Study - This week I am back to making study one of my Bliss Initiatives. There are a ton of interesting romance ideas out there and just thinking about romance will help put me in the mood for a romantic day! If you are playing along do consider your own rmance search on the internet. Top 10 romantic ideas searched in google netted a list that could keep someone busy for an entire year, let alone one week!
  • Field Work - This week I pledge to do at least one romantic thing each day and report back here about it. I will also create one big romantic surprise to be executed sometime this coming weekend. Want to play along? What fun surprising thing can you do for your loved one this week?
  • Getting in the mood for Romance  -I will be reading a romantic poem or reading about another's expression of romance each morning. Here is today's offering from http://www.poemhunter.com/
Starlight Romance by Justin Gildow

You have me tonight
And I have you
Tonight rings in a beautiful night
And the galaxy is ringing out and miking the silver twilight

Adrenaline is wavering
Love is coming
Ecstacy is dripping
And passion is soon to be pouring

Together, you and I are a part of a starlight romance
So come to me and let's dance
Let's give a few waltzes a chance
Let's get caught up in everything that's lovely
Let's get caught up in everything that's pure
Let's say all the right things
And let's be so absolutely sure

Just remember
You have my heart
I hope you won't betray me
Since I've put all my hopes into you

Time holds these precious moments still
These ones that we hopefully will cherish
These ones that we hopefully won't forget
These ones that we made
These ones that we feel
These ones that are real

Above it all though
I thank God for this tonight
I thank him for tonight
I thank him for you
I thank love for keeping us true
I thank love for keeping us real
I'm so glad to be alive
I'm so glad to be with you
I'm so glad to have you with me tonight
And for tonight, for this night
We've survived
Here's cheers to our night
I thank the sky for you tonight
And the stars have made it all right for tonight
In helping us celebrate our starlight romance
    Next Post: Romance lists galore!

    My 13 bliss virtues: joy, order, creativity, passion, whimsy, serenity, inquiry, community, romance, gratitude, moxie, humility, surprise
    blog comments powered by Disqus

    Start Building YOUR Empire Today!

    Empire Building Kit

    Legal Stuff

    Bottom Line: Don't steal. Stealing isn't nice and it is also illegal.

    © Kathy Sprinkle and Everyday Kathy, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Everyday Kathy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

    Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues

    • 1. TEMPERANCE - Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
    • 2. SILENCE - Speak not what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
    • 3. ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
    • 4. RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
    • 5. FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. waste nothing.
    • 6. INDUSTRY - Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
    • 7. SINCERITY - Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and if you speak, speak accordingly.
    • 8. JUSTICE - Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
    • 9. MODERATION - Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
    • 10. CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths or habitation.
    • 11. TRANQUILITY - Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
    • 12. CHASTITY - Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or to the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
    • 13. HUMILITY - Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails