Check out the New Blog Here!

Click on "Bliss Habits" and let me know what you think!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Wow for whimsy!

WHIMSY - extravagant, fanciful, or excessively playful expression; an odd or fanciful notion.


Michael Bedard - Large SITTING DUCK 

I really wanted this week to be Serenity week. I had a thought of swapping around the two weeks but then I decided that somehow my random order has always been PERFECT so I would leave things as they are...In a whimsically serene move I did have a 75 minute massage and spent a good hour sipping cucumber lemon water at the spa yesterday. This should help to keep my serenity urges in check until next week!

Wild wonderful whimsy!! The last time I considered whimsy it was a big success. I rated myself an 8 out of 10 on my scale and I came up with some really fun Bliss Initiatives. I don't feel like I exhausted those initiatives so I will revisit some of them this week. My "Bliss Initiatives" are color coded in purple for quick identification. They are specific things that you too can try, if you want to play along with me. However, because as Earl Nightingale says, "you become what you think about," even if you only follow along, and never take on any of the bliss initiatives, I expect some positive results.

I will be exploring and encouraging WHIMSY this way:


  • Getting in the mood for Whimsy - This was really fun last time so I will do it again. Each day I will be doing a little "flash inspiration". I am going to type the word Whimsical (fill in blank) into Google and see what shows up. I did it today with Whimsical Ducks, Whimsical Food, and Whimsical Backyards. Try it and see what you find -- share it here in the comments for others to enjoy. Whimsy is definitely best when shared!
  • Field work - Based on your own "flash inspiration" for the day plan to execute something whimsical. Do something unexpected for your family, friends.or co-workers. I've decided to see if I can find a fun duck inspired craft for Jessie and I to do together on this rainy rainy day.
  • More Whimsy Craft - I'm going to do several whimsical crafts with Jessie this week. We had a blast together last whimsy week and Jessie really embraced the whimsy theme. Check out her inspired "towder and nests" here.
  • Whimsy Study - Last time around I ordered the book  "Sing loudly in your car! A book of whimsy for grown-ups." by Lynn Rosenbaum. Unfortunately, it did not come in time for me to review it last whimsy week. Look for that later this week. I will also be looking for another whimsical book and will let you in on that find later in the week too.
  • Have some fun - I think this made a big difference in my experience of actual bliss the last two weeks. Previously I got so serious about my "proper consideration" of the virtues I forgot what the experiment is all about -- more bliss! This week let's see if I can get a bliss boost every day!

Next Post: Passionate Whimsy!

My 13 bliss virtues: joy, order, creativity, passion, whimsy, serenity, inquiry, community, romance, gratitude, moxie, humility, surprise
blog comments powered by Disqus

Start Building YOUR Empire Today!

Empire Building Kit

Legal Stuff

Bottom Line: Don't steal. Stealing isn't nice and it is also illegal.

© Kathy Sprinkle and Everyday Kathy, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Everyday Kathy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues

  • 1. TEMPERANCE - Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
  • 2. SILENCE - Speak not what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
  • 3. ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
  • 4. RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
  • 5. FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. waste nothing.
  • 6. INDUSTRY - Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
  • 7. SINCERITY - Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and if you speak, speak accordingly.
  • 8. JUSTICE - Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
  • 9. MODERATION - Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
  • 10. CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths or habitation.
  • 11. TRANQUILITY - Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
  • 12. CHASTITY - Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or to the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
  • 13. HUMILITY - Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails