Check out the New Blog Here!

Click on "Bliss Habits" and let me know what you think!

Monday, January 4, 2010

Genius! Ingenuity! Inspiration! Yep, creativity week is upon us!

CREATIVITY - The ability to transcend traditional ideas, rules, patterns, relationships, or the like, and to create meaningful new ideas, forms, methods, interpretations, etc.




Creativity week really snuck up on me. But then again the blog has been doing that for the past month or so!  As I look at my house I am clear that some of order week needs to spill into this week so I guess it is all about getting creative about my approach! While on vacation at my Mom's house, Rob and I got hooked on HGTV and the Cooking Channel (which are favorites of my mom) and as a result I see creativity being linked up to cooking and decorating.  Rob was already Iron Cheffing all weekend and I just made a batch of inspired meatballs for tonights supper.  Thinking that it was a creative endeavor, rather then just dinner, made it a bunch of fun.

This week's  "Bliss Initiatives" are color coded in purple for quick identification. They are specific things that you too can try, if you want to play along with me.  However, because as Earl Nightingale says, "you become what you think about,"  even if you only follow along,  and never take on any of the bliss initiatives,  I expect some positive results. I will be exploring and encouraging CREATIVITY this way:

  • Field work - commit to being creative this week. Making meatballs "creatively" was a lot more fun then making dinner! When confronted with a challenge consider a different approach. Ask for help. Look for a new way to do the same things. Making the commitment to be creative can make all the difference. See what happens for you this week!

  • Study - I am excited to get back to poking around the internet, and reading a book. I will be following up on "The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance" by Eric Maisel which I started last creativity week. I am way behind in my plan to go through the book during this year so I am eager to get back to it! Look for an updated review post about my progress a bit later in the week.
  • Creative Prompt - I am revisiting this from last time out and will be playing Jaye's creative prompt game. I will post the new prompt later this week but if you are eager to try something now check out the creative prompt list for 2009. If it furthers your creative goals consider trying out several or all of them!
    This is from her Inspiration Page where she explains the idea of a Creative Prompt. 
Each week we commit to be creative.
A creative prompt is given and we interpret that into a drawing, a doodle, a collage, a photo…any kind of creative work that suits you. We can design a quilt, make a sculpture from marble or Sculpey, mold something with clay, paint, or write anything we want in response to the prompt. There are no rules on medium or method. The idea is to develop a regular art practice.           

  • Have some Fun - Pick something new to try from my tips to inspire your creative muse post or take up a new hobby.  Getting your mind to think in a new way is creativity! I am going to take some extra time over at my friend Katherine's One Inch World "Weekly craft posts about tiny things and things for tiny people" for inspiring things for Jessie to try.
Next post: Boosting Creativity

My 13 bliss virtues: joy, order, creativity, passion, whimsy, serenity, inquiry, community, romance, gratitude, moxie, humility, surprise
blog comments powered by Disqus

Start Building YOUR Empire Today!

Empire Building Kit

Legal Stuff

Bottom Line: Don't steal. Stealing isn't nice and it is also illegal.

© Kathy Sprinkle and Everyday Kathy, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Everyday Kathy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues

  • 1. TEMPERANCE - Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
  • 2. SILENCE - Speak not what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
  • 3. ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
  • 4. RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
  • 5. FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. waste nothing.
  • 6. INDUSTRY - Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
  • 7. SINCERITY - Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and if you speak, speak accordingly.
  • 8. JUSTICE - Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
  • 9. MODERATION - Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
  • 10. CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths or habitation.
  • 11. TRANQUILITY - Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
  • 12. CHASTITY - Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or to the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
  • 13. HUMILITY - Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails