Check out the New Blog Here!

Click on "Bliss Habits" and let me know what you think!

Friday, January 22, 2010

My whimsical project: Upcoming BLOG OPEN HOUSE

WHIMSY - extravagant, fanciful, or excessively playful expression; an odd or fanciful notion. [Whimsy week starts here. Click for this week's Bliss Initiatives.] 


You may have noticed this little flyer in the Everyday Bliss sidebar:


Photo


It is to let people know that I am participating in the One World, One Heart blog open house. Lisa Swifka, a blogger and entrepreneur who calls her self A Whimsical Bohemian came up with the idea. You can read all about the event by clicking on the flyer above and you can learn more about Lisa over at her wonderful website My Life as a Whimsical Bohemian, Artist, Storyteller Dreamer. I stumbled across this event when the little logo about the event popped up in the sidebar of one of the blogs I follow ( I believe it was WhiMsy love which I introduced to you yesterday.) I was immediately taken with the idea of a blog open house and thoroughly enthralled with the idea of hundreds of other bloggers stopping by to meet me and the opportunity for me to do the same. The participants of this particular event are a fabulously crafty bunch, most of them will be offering a handmade item as their giveaway.

Oh, yeah, did I mention that there are giveaways??? All of the participants will be offering a sort of door prize for the visitors of their blogs. Some of the participants will be offering the giveaways only to fellow bloggers but others will open it up to all visitors. If you have a blog you may want to participate too, just click on the magic carpet logo to find out how. It looks to be a fun way to meet and greet fellow bloggers and perhaps make some new friends. If you don't have a blog but are interested in broadening your horizons you should go to the One World One Heart website between January 24 and February 15 and click on some of the links of participating bloggers.

Catherine left this Everyday Bliss comment yesterday, "most of my current blogs seem to exist in a self referential cloud, three clicks and three blogs away from yours I was somewhere completely different than normal! I felt a bit like a tourist, wow, the buildings around here look really different!" I was delighted to have shared a new view. If a new view is something that inspires you too, stopping by the One World One Heart Magic Carpet ride may be exciting and fun for you too! Of course, if you only have time to stop by here please do. Both readers and fellow bloggers will be eligible for my four fabulous door prizes based on my Everyday Bliss experiment. Books, zen gardens, creativity cards, romance games and other surprises await those who stop by. I will be posting pictures of the actual prizes in my post on Monday January 24th.

As I am putting my prizes together, it feels like I am creating a present for each and everyone of you. It is thrilling and totally fun. I have always enjoyed gift giving. The perfect selection, beautiful wrapping etc. are all a part of it and I am fully self expressed as I do it. I may not be a fine artist or even a master crafter but in gift giving I am a whimsical master. I look forward to sharing this with you!

Next Post: Whimsy finally unleashed!

My 13 bliss virtues: joy, order, creativity, passion, whimsy, serenity, inquiry, community, romance, gratitude, moxie, humility, surprise

blog comments powered by Disqus

Start Building YOUR Empire Today!

Empire Building Kit

Legal Stuff

Bottom Line: Don't steal. Stealing isn't nice and it is also illegal.

© Kathy Sprinkle and Everyday Kathy, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Everyday Kathy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues

  • 1. TEMPERANCE - Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
  • 2. SILENCE - Speak not what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
  • 3. ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
  • 4. RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
  • 5. FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. waste nothing.
  • 6. INDUSTRY - Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
  • 7. SINCERITY - Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and if you speak, speak accordingly.
  • 8. JUSTICE - Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
  • 9. MODERATION - Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
  • 10. CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths or habitation.
  • 11. TRANQUILITY - Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
  • 12. CHASTITY - Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or to the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
  • 13. HUMILITY - Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails