Check out the New Blog Here!

Click on "Bliss Habits" and let me know what you think!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Three Bliss Boosts and Other Final Thoughts on Creativity Week

CREATIVITY - The ability to transcend traditional ideas, rules, patterns, relationships, or the like, and to create meaningful new ideas, forms, methods, interpretations, etc. [Creativity week begins here. Click for this week's Bliss Initiatives.]

Creativity week is coming to a close and I'm having trouble letting go! I have really enjoyed this week. I'm not sure if I can say I made any big strides regarding my personal creativity. One cup of tea is hardly progress with regard to my work with "The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance" by Eric Maisel but I have had some fun. Just being reminded to concentrate on creativity while living my everyday life has definitely increased my experience of bliss.

This may actually be the first time in my experiment where I can actually say that. Each week has always provided an insight into the specific virtue but I chose the virtues with the idea that they would actually compound my daily bliss. Nice! It looks like the experiment is heading in the right direction. Last time out I gave myself a 6 out of 10 for Creativity week. This time I can only give myself a 5 but I also give myself three Bliss Boosts!
Blogger Templates
Not sure how to track the boosting effect over time but for today I feel good about the increase of bliss!

One of the other exciting parts of this week was the increase of participation from my readers. I had new readers find me and faithful readers share how they were participating. Really fun! Lisa took time to tell me about her idea for Jaye's Opportunity Prompt and I found out one of my readers is friends with two of my friends from completely different parts of my life.  It is positively exhilarating to see the synergies develop.

My friend Elisa took time to share something creative with me:


Hamburger Eyes from Nick Fogarty on Vimeo.

On her photography website she says, "photography is an art of observation." so you can see why the piece above inspired her so much. Elisa has also started a 365 day project over at Flickr.  It is really fun to have someone else playing a year long game while I plug away at my project!

In many ways my 13 bliss virtues are like 13 different creative endeavors so this advice from David Wahl, my muse of the week, seems a particularly fitting way to close out the week:

[Have] Multiple projects. Plans. A giant novel about a war between the ant-people and the walrus-people.  The perfect cupcake recipe. An elf outfit for your bulldog. A list of believable lies about Abraham Lincoln. A list of heavy metal band names that haven't been used yet. (That last one is harder than you think.) Designing underwear for chickens. Anything you want!
ABC, Always Be Creating! Don't take a vacation from doing what you love. Keep your projects secret or put them on the web. It doesn't matter! The whole purpose is to maintain your highest levels of creativity at all times. 
It's as simple as... well.. you know...
(Click here to read David's entire ABC's of Staying Creative)  

Next Post: Passion week begins!

My 13 bliss virtues: joy, order, creativity, passion, whimsy, serenity, inquiry, community, romance, gratitude, moxie, humility, surprise
blog comments powered by Disqus

Start Building YOUR Empire Today!

Empire Building Kit

Legal Stuff

Bottom Line: Don't steal. Stealing isn't nice and it is also illegal.

© Kathy Sprinkle and Everyday Kathy, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Everyday Kathy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues

  • 1. TEMPERANCE - Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
  • 2. SILENCE - Speak not what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
  • 3. ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
  • 4. RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
  • 5. FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. waste nothing.
  • 6. INDUSTRY - Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
  • 7. SINCERITY - Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and if you speak, speak accordingly.
  • 8. JUSTICE - Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
  • 9. MODERATION - Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
  • 10. CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths or habitation.
  • 11. TRANQUILITY - Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
  • 12. CHASTITY - Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or to the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
  • 13. HUMILITY - Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails