Check out the New Blog Here!

Click on "Bliss Habits" and let me know what you think!

Monday, January 11, 2010

Bursting with Passion!

PASSION - a fervent or extravagant fondness, enthusiasm, or desire for anything; experience of strong love or sexual desire.

I mentioned in yesterday's post that I was having trouble letting go of creativity week. Well perhaps I can ease myself into passion week and continue the upward trend of my everyday bliss experience by combining creativity and passion! They certainly pair well together and a discussion of passionate creatives would be interesting... Of course I don't want to spend the entire week on that single aspect of passion. I still get a little weak in knees when I think about this Gustave Flaubert quote I shared with you last passion week:

I will cover you with love when next I see you, with caresses, with ecstasy. I want to gorge you with all the joys of the flesh, so that you faint and die. I want you to be amazed by me, and to confess to yourself that you had never even dreamed of such transports.... When you are old, I want you to recall those few hours, I want your dry bones to quiver with joy when you think of them.
~Gustave Flaubert, letter to wife Louise Colet, 15 August 1846


Frankly it is a little intimidating. I love the IDEA of this kind of this kind of passion but to live it everyday is down right daunting. Rob and I were able to integrate the 30 second kiss into our life, although its frequency has dropped off a bit since we first were playing around with it. I have to believe the Flauberts weren't always this smoking hot and also had some calm pleasantness in their lives. The delights of high passion can  probably best be felt in contrast to other things. All this being said,  I think Rob and I have a pretty good handle on passion and calm pleasantness but somehow it seems more worthwhile to work on the former...


From the Best Photos "Most Passionate Kisses" collection
 I think the private nature of this couple's passion is sweet.

This week's  "Bliss Initiatives" are color coded in purple for quick identification. They are specific things that you too can try, if you want to play along with me.  However, because as Earl Nightingale says, "you become what you think about,"  even if you only follow along,  and never take on any of the bliss initiatives,  I expect some positive results. I will be exploring and encouraging PASSION this way:

  • Compound Creativity - What I mean here, is that I will begin this week's study by compounding the success of last week.  I will utilize the creative super genius method and combine creativity and passion to see what else might happen.
  • Field work -  this week I will be concentrating on romantic passion (there I go combining things again!) and will be coming up with Passion Boosters for Rob and I to enjoy. If you are more interested in career passion or just identifying some new passions you may like to revisit the Bliss Initiatives from last time out
  • Have some fun - I think this made a big difference last week. I can get a little serious about my project and I feel loosening up and having fun is what led me to my Three Bliss Boosts! I will let Passion be my guide and I will follow where it leads. I can't tell you exactly what it looks like but I do promise to take you on the ride! And PLEASE if you feel passion suging over in your world, do share it with me! 
Next Post: Passionate Creativity

My 13 bliss virtues: joy, order, creativity, passion, whimsy, serenity, inquiry, community, romance, gratitude, moxie, humility, surprise
blog comments powered by Disqus

Start Building YOUR Empire Today!

Empire Building Kit

Legal Stuff

Bottom Line: Don't steal. Stealing isn't nice and it is also illegal.

© Kathy Sprinkle and Everyday Kathy, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Everyday Kathy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues

  • 1. TEMPERANCE - Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
  • 2. SILENCE - Speak not what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
  • 3. ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
  • 4. RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
  • 5. FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. waste nothing.
  • 6. INDUSTRY - Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
  • 7. SINCERITY - Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and if you speak, speak accordingly.
  • 8. JUSTICE - Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
  • 9. MODERATION - Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
  • 10. CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths or habitation.
  • 11. TRANQUILITY - Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
  • 12. CHASTITY - Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or to the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
  • 13. HUMILITY - Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails