Check out the New Blog Here!

Click on "Bliss Habits" and let me know what you think!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Visit with an Optimist

PASSION - a fervent or extravagant fondness, enthusiasm, or desire for anything; experience of strong love or sexual desire. [Passion week starts here. Click for this week's Bliss Initiatives.]




Passion week is concluding today. I am away on a getaway weekend with the family so instead of leaving you alone here in blog land I thought it would be fun to highlight one of my favorite bloggers and former guest blogger on the topic of passion. Vanessa the Optimal Optimist . Vanessa writes each of her beautiful posts in response to a quote that inspires her. Today I am sharing a few of those quotes. Alone they are inspiration enough, but I wouldn't leave it at that. Follow the links and see how the quotes inspire Vanessa. I promise you will be moved by her wise and uplifting take.


From her guest post here at Everyday Bliss
If there is no passion if your life, then have you really lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you and you will find great things happen FOR you, TO you, and BECAUSE of you. –T.Alan Armstrong


From her post entitled Passionate about Passion
Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion. -Hebbel


From her post entitled Watch Your Attitude 
Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude toward us -Earl Nightingale


I'm concluding the week by giving myself my usual 7 out of 10 on my scale. I know I seem to do this every week  but come on folks, I made a casserole! This alone has to give me a 7! I won't award any Bliss Boosts this time out... it really is too soon to know if any of my uplifted passion is going to stick! If I have a change in scoring I'll let you know!


Have fun visiting Vanessa and I'll see you back here for Whimsy week!


Next Post - Whimsy gets started.


My 13 bliss virtues are 
joy, order, creativity, passion, whimsy, serenity, inquiry, community, 
romance, gratitude, moxie, humility, and surprise.



This week we are exploring  Passion. 
Next week is all about Whimsy
blog comments powered by Disqus

Start Building YOUR Empire Today!

Empire Building Kit

Legal Stuff

Bottom Line: Don't steal. Stealing isn't nice and it is also illegal.

© Kathy Sprinkle and Everyday Kathy, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Everyday Kathy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues

  • 1. TEMPERANCE - Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
  • 2. SILENCE - Speak not what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
  • 3. ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
  • 4. RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
  • 5. FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. waste nothing.
  • 6. INDUSTRY - Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
  • 7. SINCERITY - Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and if you speak, speak accordingly.
  • 8. JUSTICE - Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
  • 9. MODERATION - Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
  • 10. CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths or habitation.
  • 11. TRANQUILITY - Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
  • 12. CHASTITY - Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or to the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
  • 13. HUMILITY - Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails