Check out the New Blog Here!

Click on "Bliss Habits" and let me know what you think!

Friday, February 26, 2010

Grateful for a Whimsical Bohemian and the community she has fostered

GRATITUDE - warmly or deeply appreciative of kindness or benefits received; very thankful. [Gratitude week starts here. Click for this week's Bliss Initiatives.]


As all of you are aware, to some degree or another, I participated in Lisa aka Whimsical Bohemian's fabulous blog event last month. In fact the majority of you followers found me as a result of this terrific event. More then 1000 bloggers participated and I have been overwhelmed by the generosity of everyone. To begin with, I knew it would be interesting to see what everyone was offering as a giveaway and I was hopeful a few new people might like my blog but I never in my wildest dream thought that more then 60 new people would start following me. I appreciate it so much and sincerely hope you enjoy your time over at Everyday Bliss.


I also was fortunate enough to win several of the giveaways and my February has been filled with fun packages arriving at my door including two I will share today:


The super darling Angel Cat ornament by Suzanne Urban Designs. Jessie insisted the cute cat get a place of honor next to the picture of her with Mickey Mouse so we are not saving her for the Christmas tree! Suzanne's shop also goes by the name "Smirking Goddess Studios" -- LOVE that! and recently her very fun retro style Mad Housewife button/magnets were featured  in an ETSY compilation . 



____________


 Next up is this fun ornament pin cushion made by Deborah over at Vintage Soul which arrived just today. We have all of our shoes lined up by the front door, including some doll shoes Jessie has insisted on putting there so when I opened this little beauty up Jessie said, "I have an idea, let's put it by the other shoes." When I explained it wasn't that kind of shoe she said "Well it is awfully cute!" Indeed awfully cute and even prettier then the photos. 
I do not sew so it will not be used for this fun use but I am excited to add it to my very special ornament collection. I am a HUGE Christmas fan so I find it fascinating that I should end up with two ornament giveaways! The universe really works huh?!


I am a new follower over at Vintage Soul because of Deborah's post about her son: An Embrace. I'm not the craftiest girl, (although OWOH has helped me to get my groove on in that regard a bit more) so I don't know if I would have followed this blog if it was only craft related but as soon as I read An Embrace I knew I wanted to hear more from this woman. Check it out!
____________
I originally intended to post about all my gifts today but as I was going through my emails, I realized I am still expecting more! Unbelievably lucky huh? Anyway, I thought it might be nice to spread the love about this event out a bit. Give you a chance to visit these lovely blogs before I send you off to others. Besides, I am certain as time goes on I will have even more to be grateful for as my new friendships percolate. The fun really is just beginning and for this I am very very grateful!


Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!


Next Post: Anticipating gratitude aka Christmas morning living

My 13 bliss virtues: joy, order, creativity, passion, whimsy, serenity, inquiry, community, romance, gratitude, moxie, humility, surprise

5 comments:

  1. Hello Kathy, Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest. Thank you for your visit, I am in a rush today, but will come back and visit for longer. Enjoy your day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, OWOH is simply an awesome event. I was moved to start a blog myself when I saw the creativity being so easily shared on so many blogs. I was awed and humbled. I am glad you liked the pincushion. I like the idea of making things multipurpose so that even if, as in this case, you don't sew you can add the item to your tree. I am glad you enjoyed my poem too and I can't wait to see what else you won.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the highlight on my chubby kitty aceo ornament! So glad you like her!

    Best-
    Suzanne Urban

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a wonderful blog here!

    Thanks for visiting with me today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Kathy, thanks for stopping by and sharing with me. I really wish you a good luck for your dreams. Keep in touch as I will do too. Have LOVELY DAY.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you "very so much" (the construct I stole from my 3 year old!) for your comments! I reply to every comment. I will ALWAYS reply over here on the blog so if you haven't heard from directly please do check back here. If you become a Disqus member you will be automatically updated via email as well!

Start Building YOUR Empire Today!

Empire Building Kit

Legal Stuff

Bottom Line: Don't steal. Stealing isn't nice and it is also illegal.

© Kathy Sprinkle and Everyday Kathy, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Everyday Kathy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues

  • 1. TEMPERANCE - Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
  • 2. SILENCE - Speak not what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
  • 3. ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
  • 4. RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
  • 5. FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. waste nothing.
  • 6. INDUSTRY - Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
  • 7. SINCERITY - Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and if you speak, speak accordingly.
  • 8. JUSTICE - Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
  • 9. MODERATION - Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
  • 10. CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths or habitation.
  • 11. TRANQUILITY - Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
  • 12. CHASTITY - Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or to the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
  • 13. HUMILITY - Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails