Check out the New Blog Here!

Click on "Bliss Habits" and let me know what you think!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Hip Hip Hooray for Romance


ROMANCE - To court or woo romantically; treat with ardor or chivalrousness; a strong fascination or enthusiasm for something.

Greetings folks! I feel like I am writing into a time capsule. Many of you have not been receiving my posts in a timely, if at all, fashion. I have identified the issue causing my blog not to get updated correctly in readers. Somehow my feedburner is suddenly Unable to validate, due to hardcoded resource limits (feed length > 2000000 bytes) -- I have no idea how to fix it, YET! so I don't know if/when people willl actually read my posts for the next little while. I think this has happened before and somehow resolved itself but I should figure out how to keep it from happening!

Thank you so much for your patience as I figure this out! Do stop by the website directly to check and see if you have missed anything and I'll do my best to get this resolved ASAP!

Unfortunately this is still happening for one of my favorite weeks! LOL don't you love how I say this almost EVERY week! Anyway, Romance week is always fun for me. I adore my husband but can get lazy about the wooing and wowing we promised each other when we got together. Having a romance week really helps to insure I make romance a priority on a regular basis.

This week's "Bliss Initiatives" are color coded in purple for quick identification. They are specific things that you too can try, if you want to play along with me. However, because as Earl Nightingale says, "you become what you think about," even if you only follow along, and never take on any of the bliss initiatives, I expect some positive results. I will be exploring and encouraging ROMANCE this way:
  • Put Romance on the Calendar - I have already done this with my Romance Week, but why not more?! Take a look at your own calendar and pick some random days to surprise your lover with romance. He/she doesn't need to know it wasn't entirely spontaneous! Just planning something romantic has the added benefit of making you feel more romantic!
  • Make or review your 100 reasons you love your sweetie - A few romance weeks's ago I shared 100 reasons why I love my guy. Now that I've done this I have a "go to" list for getting the romance fires burning. When dirty socks are on the floor and regular daily life is right in front of your nose it is easy forget why you love them. If you don't have a romantic partner, write up 100 things you would want in a future one. This exercise alone has been known to open a floodgate of opportunity!
  • Study - This week I am back to making study one of my Bliss Initiatives. There are a ton of interesting romance ideas out there and just thinking about romance will help put me in the mood for a romantic day! If you are playing along do consider your own romance search on the internet. Top 10 romantic ideas searched in google netted a list that could keep someone busy for an entire year, let alone one week!
  • Field Work - Back, this week by my popular demand! This works wonders EVERY time! This week I pledge to do at least one romantic thing each day and report back here about it. I will also create one big romantic surprise to be executed sometime this coming weekend. Want to play along? 

    Are you playing along this week? What fun surprising thing can you do for your loved one this week?



    Next Post: A fabulous guest post from Dr. Romance, on How to Irresistible to Your Mate!



    My 13 bliss virtues are 
    joy, order, creativity, passion, whimsy, serenity, inquiry, community, 
    romance, gratitude, moxie, humility, and surprise.



    This week we are exploring Romance. 
    Next week is all about Moxie.
    blog comments powered by Disqus

    Start Building YOUR Empire Today!

    Empire Building Kit

    Legal Stuff

    Bottom Line: Don't steal. Stealing isn't nice and it is also illegal.

    © Kathy Sprinkle and Everyday Kathy, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Everyday Kathy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

    Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues

    • 1. TEMPERANCE - Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
    • 2. SILENCE - Speak not what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
    • 3. ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
    • 4. RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
    • 5. FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. waste nothing.
    • 6. INDUSTRY - Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
    • 7. SINCERITY - Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and if you speak, speak accordingly.
    • 8. JUSTICE - Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
    • 9. MODERATION - Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
    • 10. CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths or habitation.
    • 11. TRANQUILITY - Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
    • 12. CHASTITY - Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or to the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
    • 13. HUMILITY - Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails