Check out the New Blog Here!

Click on "Bliss Habits" and let me know what you think!

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Welcome back to me! Order week is on!

ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time. [Order week begins here. Click for this week's Bliss Initiatives]

Hello everyone. I had a lovely Christmas at my Mom's house. It was a little odd being away from my computer for a whole week and even though my niece and nephew brought laptops and found a neighbor's open wireless network, I resisted the urge to check in electronically. My resolve was due in part to my plan to give consideration to the let each part of your business have its time part of my Order virtue. I intended that the Christmas week be spent enJOYing my family and that is exactly what happened. It has been a long time since we had several uninterrupted and unplanned days together and while we all appreciated it, Jessie was entirely estactic to spend so much time with her cousins, aunts, uncle and Nonnie.

As the new year approaches, I feel I am in a good postition to really think about and potentially set up how I want the year to unfold. We are done with moving and have done all the traveling we intend to do for a while so our activity and social calendar is wide open; a perfect way to start the year! I will begin with finding some new activities for Jessie and I to enjoy together and also to check out some pre-schools, since Jessie is eager to start "school" later this year.

When I started this project I never realized what a commitment it would turn out to be to keep blogging and keep creating what I plan to do to encourage each of my virtues. I really have enjoyed the sense of purpose it has provided me and I am finding the journey very fulfilling. I do, however, find myself interested in turning things up a notch... what exactly that means is yet to unfold but as I begin planning, I am working on paying attention to ALL AREAS of my life and doing my best to insure that every part has it's time!

Next Post: Planning for an orderly year?

My 13 bliss virtues: joy, order, creativity, passion, whimsy, serenity, inquiry, community, romance, gratitude, moxie, humility, surprise
blog comments powered by Disqus

Start Building YOUR Empire Today!

Empire Building Kit

Legal Stuff

Bottom Line: Don't steal. Stealing isn't nice and it is also illegal.

© Kathy Sprinkle and Everyday Kathy, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Everyday Kathy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues

  • 1. TEMPERANCE - Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
  • 2. SILENCE - Speak not what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
  • 3. ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
  • 4. RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
  • 5. FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. waste nothing.
  • 6. INDUSTRY - Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
  • 7. SINCERITY - Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and if you speak, speak accordingly.
  • 8. JUSTICE - Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
  • 9. MODERATION - Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
  • 10. CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths or habitation.
  • 11. TRANQUILITY - Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
  • 12. CHASTITY - Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or to the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
  • 13. HUMILITY - Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails